The Contested Meaning of Labour Market Flexibility: Economic Theory and the Discourse of European Integration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- P.N. O'Farrell & D.M. Hitchens & L.A.R. Moffat, 1993. "The Competitiveness of Business Services and Regional Development: Evidence from Scotland and the South East of England," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 30(10), pages 1629-1652, December.
- P A Wood & J Bryson & D Keeble, 1993. "Regional Patterns of Small Firm Development in the Business Services: Evidence from the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 25(5), pages 677-700, May.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Vivarelli, Marco & Evangelista, Rinaldo & Pianta, Mario, 1996. "Innovation and employment in Italian manufacturing industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1013-1026, October.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- P A Wood & J Bryson & D Keeble, 1993. "Regional patterns of small firm development in the business services: evidence from the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(5), pages 677-700, May.
- Suma Athreye & David Keeble, 2001. "Specialised Markets and the Behaviour of Firms: Evidence from the UK's Regional Economies," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 33, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Bryson, John R & Keeble, David & Wood, Peter, 1997. "The Creation and Growth of Small Business Service Firms in Post-industrial Britain," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 345-360, August.
- Suma Athreye, 1997. "On Markets in Knowledge," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 1(2), pages 231-253, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simon Deakin, 2005. "The Capability Concept and the Evolution of European Social Policy," Working Papers wp303, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour Market Flexibility; Employment Policy; European Union;
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
- J58 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2002-04-15 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2002-04-15 (International Finance)
- NEP-LAW-2002-04-15 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Newman and Georgie Cohen). General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .