Banking crises and the international monetary system in the Great Depression and now
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dietrich Domanski & Richhild Moessner & William R. Nelson, 2014. "Central banks as lender of last resort: experiences during the 2007-2010 crisis and lessons for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-110, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Elena Seghezza, 2018. "Can swap line arrangements help solve the Triffin dilemma? How?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(10), pages 2691-2708, October.
- Ciobanu (Sireteanu) Elena, 2011. "The Impact Of The Financial And Economic Global Crisis Over The Romanian Banking System," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 406-412, December.
- Bindseil, Ulrich & Winkler, Adalbert, 2012. "Dual liquidity crises under alternative monetary frameworks: a financial accounts perspective," Working Paper Series 1478, European Central Bank.
- Cristina Peicuti, 2014.
"The Great Depression and the Great Recession: A Comparative Analysis of their Analogies,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 11(1), pages 55-78, June.
- Peicuti, Cristina, 2014. "The Great Depression and the Great Recession: A Comparative Analysis of their Analogies," MPRA Paper 57883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander Smirnov, 2016. "A Simple Model of Credit Expansion," Papers 1609.05055, arXiv.org.
- Winkler, Adalbert & Bindseil, Ulrich, 2012. "Dual liquidity crises under alternative monetary frameworks," VfS Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62032, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Dietrich Domanski & Richhild Moessner & William Nelson, 2014. "Central banks as lenders of last resort: experiences during the 2007-10 crisis and lessons for the future," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Re-thinking the lender of last resort, volume 79, pages 43-75, Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
Keywordsbanking crisis; international monetary system; Great Depression; central bank liquidity;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-12-18 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2010-12-18 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2010-12-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MON-2010-12-18 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.