A note on the coincidence between Stackelberg and Nash equilibria in a differential game between government and firms
In Navas and Mar n-Solano (2008) the coincidence between Nash and Stackelberg equilibria for a modified version of the differential game model first proposed by Lancaster (1973) was proved. However, important restrictions on the value of the parameters of the model were included, in order to obtain an interior solution. In this paper we extend the previous result, in the limit when the discount rate is equal to zero, by eliminating the restrictions and taking into account corner solutions.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.|
Phone: +34 93 402 43 13cazza
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gradus, R.H.J.M., 1988. "A differential game between government and firms : : A non-cooperative approach," Research Memorandum 0ad210a1-660c-4e14-93f1-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jorge Navas & Jesús Marín-Solano, 2008. "Interactions between government and firms: a differential game approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 47-61, February.
- Pohjola, Matti, 1983. "Nash and stackelberg solutions in a differential game model of capitalism," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 173-186, September.
- de Zeeuw, Aart, 1992. "Note on 'Nash and Stackelberg solutions in a differential game model of capitalism'," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 139-145, January.
- Lancaster, Kelvin, 1973. "The Dynamic Inefficiency of Capitalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1092-1109, Sept.-Oct.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2009214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.