Refining Understanding of Corporate Failure through a Topological Data Analysis Mapping of Altman's Z-Score Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure - Reply," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 123-127.
- Koen W. de Bock, 2017. "The best of two worlds: Balancing model strength and comprehensibility in business failure prediction using spline-rule ensembles," Post-Print hal-01588059, HAL.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Antonio Davila & George Foster & Xiaobin He & Carlos Shimizu, 2015. "The rise and fall of startups: Creation and destruction of revenue and jobs by young companies," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 6-35, February.
- J. F. Juliá-Igual & R. Cervelló-Royo & I. Berné-Lafuente, 2017. "Market value analysis of a Chinese e-commerce holding group: a multicriteria approach," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(3), pages 475-490, September.
- Michele Bertoni & Bruno De Rosa & Laura Peressin, 2019. "Early Warning Systems: A Risk of Increasing Managerial Myopia?," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 14(4), pages 305-323.
- Adriana Csikosova & Maria Janoskova & Katarina Culkova, 2020. "Application of Discriminant Analysis for Avoiding the Risk of Quarry Operation Failure," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-1, September.
- Trueck, Stefan & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2008. "Rating Based Modeling of Credit Risk," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780123736833.
- Le, Hong Hanh & Viviani, Jean-Laurent, 2018.
"Predicting bank failure: An improvement by implementing a machine-learning approach to classical financial ratios,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 16-25.
- Hong Hanh Le & Jean-Laurent Viviani, 2018. "Predicting bank failure: An improvement by implementing machine learning approach on classical financial ratios," Post-Print halshs-01615106, HAL.
- WILLIAM HOPWOOD & JAMES C. McKEOWN & JANE F. MUTCHLER, 1994. "A Reexamination of Auditor versus Model Accuracy within the Context of the Goingâ€ Concern Opinion Decision," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 10(2), pages 409-431, March.
- Ahsan Habib & Mabel D' Costa & Hedy Jiaying Huang & Md. Borhan Uddin Bhuiyan & Li Sun, 2020. "Determinants and consequences of financial distress: review of the empirical literature," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 60(S1), pages 1023-1075, April.
- Manzaneque, Montserrat & Priego, Alba María & Merino, Elena, 2016. "Corporate governance effect on financial distress likelihood: Evidence from Spain," Revista de Contabilidad - Spanish Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 111-121.
- Youssef Zizi & Mohamed Oudgou & Abdeslam El Moudden, 2020. "Determinants and Predictors of SMEs’ Financial Failure: A Logistic Regression Approach," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-1, October.
- Hamid Waqas & Rohani Md-Rus, 2018. "Predicting financial distress: Applicability of O-score model for Pakistani firms," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 14(2), pages 389-401, April.
- Manjusha Senapathi & Saptarshi Ghosal, 2016. "Modelling Corporate Sector Distress in India," Working Papers id:11540, eSocialSciences.
- David Alaminos & Agustín del Castillo & Manuel Ángel Fernández, 2016. "A Global Model for Bankruptcy Prediction," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Chih‐Chun Chen & Chun‐Da Chen & Donald Lien, 2020. "Financial distress prediction model: The effects of corporate governance indicators," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(8), pages 1238-1252, December.
- Fatima Zahra Azayite & Said Achchab, 2019. "A hybrid neural network model based on improved PSO and SA for bankruptcy prediction," Papers 1907.12179, arXiv.org.
- Ilyes Abid & Farid Mkaouar & Olfa Kaabia, 2018. "Dynamic analysis of the forecasting bankruptcy under presence of unobserved heterogeneity," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 262(2), pages 241-256, March.
- Kumar, Rahul & Deb, Soumya Guha & Mukherjee, Shubhadeep, 2020. "Do words reveal the latent truth? Identifying communication patterns of corporate losers," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C).
- Arvind Shrivastava & Kuldeep Kumar & Nitin Kumar, 2018. "Business Distress Prediction Using Bayesian Logistic Model for Indian Firms," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-1, October.
- Amin Jan & Maran Marimuthu & Muhammad Kashif Shad & Haseeb ur-Rehman & Muhammad Zahid & Ahmad Ali Jan, 2019. "Bankruptcy profile of the Islamic and conventional banks in Malaysia: a post-crisis period analysis," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 67-87, February.
- Mohammed Issah & Samuel Antwi, 2017. "Role of macroeconomic variables on firms’ performance: Evidence from the UK," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1405581-140, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:2004.10318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.