Estimating Quantile Families of Loss Distributions for Non-Life Insurance Modelling via L-moments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cummins, J. David & Dionne, Georges & McDonald, James B. & Pritchett, B. Michael, 1990. "Applications of the GB2 family of distributions in modeling insurance loss processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 257-272, December.
- Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko & Mario V. Wuthrich, 2009. "Model uncertainty in claims reserving within Tweedie's compound Poisson models," Papers 0904.1483, arXiv.org.
- Alexander J. McNeil & Rüdiger Frey & Paul Embrechts, 2015. "Quantitative Risk Management: Concepts, Techniques and Tools Revised edition," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 2, number 10496.
- Peters, Gareth W. & Shevchenko, Pavel V. & Young, Mark & Yip, Wendy, 2011. "Analytic loss distributional approach models for operational risk from the α-stable doubly stochastic compound processes and implications for capital allocation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 565-579.
- Chan, Jennifer S.K. & Boris Choy, S.T. & Makov, Udi E., 2008.
"Robust Bayesian Analysis of Loss Reserves Data Using the Generalized-t Distribution,"
ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 207-230, May.
- Jennifer Chan & Boris Choy & Udi Makov, 2007. "Robust Bayesian Analysis of Loss Reserves Data Using the Generalized-t Distribution," Research Paper Series 196, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2002. "On Measuring Skewness and Kurtosis in Short Rate Distributions: The Case of the US Dollar London Inter Bank Offer Rates," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Degen, Matthias & Embrechts, Paul & Lambrigger, Dominik D., 2007. "The Quantitative Modeling of Operational Risk: Between G-and-H and EVT," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 265-291, November.
- Gareth W. Peters & Pavel Shevchenko & Mark Young & Wendy Yip, 2011. "Analytic Loss Distributional Approach Model for Operational Risk from the alpha-Stable Doubly Stochastic Compound Processes and Implications for Capital Allocation," Papers 1102.3582, arXiv.org.
- Xu, Yihuan & Iglewicz, Boris & Chervoneva, Inna, 2014. "Robust estimation of the parameters of g-and-h distributions, with applications to outlier detection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 66-80.
- Kabir Dutta & Jason Perry, 2006. "A tale of tails: an empirical analysis of loss distribution models for estimating operational risk capital," Working Papers 06-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Dong, A.X.D. & Chan, J.S.K., 2013. "Bayesian analysis of loss reserving using dynamic models with generalized beta distribution," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 355-365.
- Matthias Fischer, 2010. "Generalized Tukey-type distributions with application to financial and teletraffic data," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 41-56, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko & Bertrand Hassani & Ariane Chapelle, 2016. "Should the advanced measurement approach be replaced with the standardized measurement approach for operational risk?," Papers 1607.02319, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2016.
- Wilson Ye Chen & Gareth W. Peters & Richard H. Gerlach & Scott A. Sisson, 2017. "Dynamic Quantile Function Models," Papers 1707.02587, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2017.
- Gareth Peters & Pavel Shevchenko & Bertrand Hassani & Ariane Chapelle, 2016. "Should the advanced measurement approach be replaced with the standardized measurement approach for operational risk?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01391091, HAL.
- Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko & Bertrand K. Hassani & Ariane Chapelle, 2016. "Should the advanced measurement approach be replaced with the standardized measurement approach for operational risk?," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16065, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2016-03-29 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2016-03-29 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1603.01041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.