Martingale optimal transport in the Skorokhod space
The dual representation of the martingale optimal transport problem in the Skorokhod space of multi dimensional cadlag processes is proved. The dual is a minimization problem with constraints involving stochastic integrals and is similar to the Kantorovich dual of the standard optimal transport problem. The constraints are required to hold for very path in the Skorokhod space. This problem has the financial interpretation as the robust hedging of path dependent European options. In this second version, we included the multi-marginal case.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haydyn Brown & David Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 2001. "Robust Hedging of Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 285-314.
- David Hobson & Peter Laurence & Tai-Ho Wang, 2005. "Static-arbitrage upper bounds for the prices of basket options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 329-342.
- Peter Carr & Roger Lee, 2010. "Hedging variance options on continuous semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 179-207, April.
- Alfred Galichon & Pierre Henri-Labordère & Nizar Touzi, 2013.
"A stochastic control approach to No-Arbitrage bounds given marginals, with an application to Lookback options,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- A. Galichon & P. Henry-Labord\`ere & N. Touzi, 2014. "A stochastic control approach to no-arbitrage bounds given marginals, with an application to lookback options," Papers 1401.3921, arXiv.org.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Alexander M. G. Cox & Jiajie Wang, 2011. "Root's barrier: Construction, optimality and applications to variance options," Papers 1104.3583, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Alexander Cox & Jan Obłój, 2011. "Robust pricing and hedging of double no-touch options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 573-605, September.
- David Hobson & Martin Klimmek, 2012. "Model-independent hedging strategies for variance swaps," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 611-649, October.
- Hobson, David & Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2005. "Static-arbitrage optimal subreplicating strategies for basket options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 553-572, December.
- Mark H. A. Davis & David G. Hobson, 2007. "The Range Of Traded Option Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 1-14.
- Mathias Beiglböck & Pierre Henry-Labordère & Friedrich Penkner, 2013. "Model-independent bounds for option prices—a mass transport approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 477-501, July.
- Mathias Beiglb\"ock & Pierre Henry-Labord\`ere & Friedrich Penkner, 2011. "Model-independent Bounds for Option Prices: A Mass Transport Approach," Papers 1106.5929, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2013. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1404.1516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.