Model-independent bounds for option prices—a mass transport approach
In this paper we investigate model-independent bounds for exotic options written on a risky asset using infinite-dimensional linear programming methods. Based on arguments from the theory of Monge–Kantorovich mass transport, we establish a dual version of the problem that has a natural financial interpretation in terms of semi-static hedging. In particular we prove that there is no duality gap. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/mathematics/quantitative+finance/journal/780/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cousot, Laurent, 2007. "Conditions on option prices for absence of arbitrage and exact calibration," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3377-3397, November.
- Peter Laurence & Tai-Ho Wang, 2005. "Sharp Upper and Lower Bounds for Basket Options," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 253-282.
- Alexander Cox & Jan Obłój, 2011. "Robust pricing and hedging of double no-touch options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 573-605, September.
- David Hobson & Martin Klimmek, 2012. "Model-independent hedging strategies for variance swaps," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 611-649, October.
- Chen, X. & Deelstra, G. & Dhaene, J. & Vanmaele, M., 2008. "Static super-replicating strategies for a class of exotic options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1067-1085, June.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Peter Carr & Roger Lee, 2010. "Hedging variance options on continuous semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 179-207, April.
- H. Albrecher & P. A. Mayer & W. Schoutens, 2008. "General Lower Bounds for Arithmetic Asian Option Prices," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 123-149.
- Hobson, David & Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2005. "Static-arbitrage optimal subreplicating strategies for basket options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 553-572, December.
- David Hobson & Peter Laurence & Tai-Ho Wang, 2005. "Static-arbitrage upper bounds for the prices of basket options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 329-342.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:17:y:2013:i:3:p:477-501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.