A Fourier Approach to the Computation of CV@R and Optimized Certainty Equivalents
We consider the class of risk measures associated with optimized certainty equivalents. This class includes several popular examples, such as CV@R and monotone mean-variance. Numerical schemes are developed for the computation of these risk measures using Fourier transform methods. This leads, in particular, to a very competitive method for the calculation of CV@R which is comparable in computational time to the calculation of V@R. We also develop methods for the efficient computation of risk contributions.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Simone Cerreia-Vioglio & Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Luigi Montrucchio, 2008. "Risk Measures: Rationality and Diversification," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 100, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008.
"A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions,"
9319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008. "A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions," MPRA Paper 7700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Černý, Aleš & Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo & Rustichini, Aldo, 2012. "On the computation of optimal monotone mean–variance portfolios via truncated quadratic utility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 386-395.
- Ales Cerný & Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2008. "On the Computation of Optimal Monotone Mean-Variance Portfolios via Truncated Quadratic Utility," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 79, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Bardou O. & Frikha N. & Pagès G., 2009. "Computing VaR and CVaR using stochastic approximation and adaptive unconstrained importance sampling," Monte Carlo Methods and Applications, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 173-210, January.
- Ernst Eberlein & Kathrin Glau & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2010. "Analysis of Fourier Transform Valuation Formulas and Applications," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 211-240.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1212.6732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.