On the computation of optimal monotone mean–variance portfolios via truncated quadratic utility
We report a surprising link between optimal portfolios generated by a special type of variational preferences called divergence preferences (see Maccheroni et al., 2006) and optimal portfolios generated by classical expected utility. As a special case, we connect optimization of truncated quadratic utility (see Černý, 2003) to the optimal monotone mean–variance portfolios (see Maccheroni et al., 2009), thus simplifying the computation of the latter.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2012)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ales Černý & Jan Kallsen, 2008. "Mean-Variance Hedging And Optimal Investment In Heston'S Model With Correlation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 473-492.
- Filipovic, Damir & Kupper, Michael, 2007. "Monotone and cash-invariant convex functions and hulls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2009.
"Portfolio Selection With Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 487-521.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2004. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 27-2004, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Dec 2004.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2004. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 6, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2007.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2008. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 664, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Massimo Marinacci & Fabio Maccheroni & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2005. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Finance 0502014, EconWPA.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2006.
"Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1447-1498, November.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 12, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cern›, Ales, 2002. "Generalized Sharpe Ratios and Asset Pricing in Incomplete Markets," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 41, Royal Economic Society.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:48:y:2012:i:6:p:386-395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.