A note on super-hedging for investor-producers
We study the situation of an agent who can trade on a financial market and can also transform some assets into others by means of a production system, in order to price and hedge derivatives on produced goods. This framework is motivated by the case of an electricity producer who wants to hedge a position on the electricity spot price and can trade commodities which are inputs for his system. This extends the essential results of Bouchard & Nguyen Huu (2011) to continuous time markets. We introduce the generic concept of conditional sure profit along the idea of the no sure profit condition of R\`asonyi (2009). The condition allows one to provide a closedness property for the set of super-hedgeable claims in a very general financial setting. Using standard separation arguments, we then deduce a dual characterization of the latter and provide an application to power futures pricing.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5455 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Bouchard & Adrien Nguyen Huu, 2013. "No marginal arbitrage of the second kind for high production regimes in discrete time production-investment models with proportional transaction costs," Post-Print hal-00487030, HAL.
- Schachermayer, W., 1992. "A Hilbert space proof of the fundamental theorem of asset pricing in finite discrete time," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 249-257, December.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2012.
"Consistent price systems and arbitrage opportunities of the second kind in models with transaction costs,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-154, January.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2011. "Consistent price systems and arbitrage opportunities of the second kind in models with transaction costs," Post-Print hal-00488288, HAL.
- Luciano Campi & Walter Schachermayer, 2006. "A super-replication theorem in Kabanov’s model of transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 579-596, December.
- U. Çetin & R. Jarrow & P. Protter & M. Warachka, 2008. "Pricing Options in an Extended Black Scholes Economy with Illiquidity: Theory and Empirical Evidence," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 9, pages 185-221 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- U. Çetin & R. Jarrow & P. Protter & M. Warachka, 2006. "Pricing Options in an Extended Black Scholes Economy with Illiquidity: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(2), pages 493-529.
- René Aïd & Luciano Campi & Adrien Nguyen Huu & Nizar Touzi, 2009. "A Structural Risk-Neutral Model Of Electricity Prices," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 925-947.
- René Aid & Luciano Campi & Adrien Nguyen Huu & Nizar Touzi, 2009. "A structural risk-neutral model of electricity prices," Post-Print hal-00390690, HAL.
- Walter Schachermayer, 2004. "The Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing under Proportional Transaction Costs in Finite Discrete Time," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 19-48.
- Julien Grépat & Yuri Kabanov, 2012. "Small transaction costs, absence of arbitrage and consistent price systems," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 357-368, July.
- Paolo Guasoni & Emmanuel Lépinette & Miklós Rásonyi, 2012. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 741-777, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4652 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1112.4740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.