A note on super-hedging for investor-producers
We study the situation of an agent who can trade on a financial market and can also transform some assets into others by means of a production system, in order to price and hedge derivatives on produced goods. This framework is motivated by the case of an electricity producer who wants to hedge a position on the electricity spot price and can trade commodities which are inputs for his system. This extends the essential results of Bouchard & Nguyen Huu (2011) to continuous time markets. We introduce the generic concept of conditional sure profit along the idea of the no sure profit condition of R\`asonyi (2009). The condition allows one to provide a closedness property for the set of super-hedgeable claims in a very general financial setting. Using standard separation arguments, we then deduce a dual characterization of the latter and provide an application to power futures pricing.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2012.
"Consistent price systems and arbitrage opportunities of the second kind in models with transaction costs,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-154, January.
- Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Kabanov, Yuri, 2012. "Consistent Price Systems and Arbitrage Opportunities of the Second Kind in Models with Transaction Costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4652, Paris Dauphine University.
- Julien Grépat & Yuri Kabanov, 2012. "Small transaction costs, absence of arbitrage and consistent price systems," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 357-368, July.
- Guasoni, Paolo & Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Rásonyi, Miklós, 2012.
"The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/9300, Paris Dauphine University.
- Paolo Guasoni & Emmanuel Lépinette & Miklós Rásonyi, 2012. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 741-777, October.
- U. �etin & R. Jarrow & P. Protter & M. Warachka, 2006. "Pricing Options in an Extended Black Scholes Economy with Illiquidity: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(2), pages 493-529.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1112.4740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.