Continuous time trading of a small investor in a limit order market
We provide a mathematical framework to model continuous time trading of a small investor in limit order markets. We show how elementary strategies can be extended in a suitable way to general continuous time strategies containing orders with infinitely many different limit prices. The general limit buy order strategies are predictable processes with values in the set of nonincreasing demand functions. It turns out that our strategy set of limit and market orders is closed, but limit orders can turn into market orders when passing to the limit, and any element can be approximated by a sequence of elementary strategies.
Volume (Year): 123 (2013)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luciano Campi & Walter Schachermayer, 2006. "A super-replication theorem in Kabanov’s model of transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 579-596, December.
- Martin Šmíd, 2007. "Are Limit Orders Rational?," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2007(4), pages 32-38.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5455 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabien Guilbaud & Huyên Pham, 2013. "Optimal high-frequency trading with limit and market orders," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 79-94, January.
- Aurélien Alfonsi & Alexander Schied, 2010. "Optimal trade execution and absence of price manipulations in limit order book models," Post-Print hal-00397652, HAL.
- Björk, Tomas & di Masi, Giovanni & Kabanov, Yuri & Runggaldier, Wolfgang, 1996.
"Towards a General Theory of Bond Markets,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
143, Stockholm School of Economics.
- M. De Donno & M. Pratelli, 2006. "A theory of stochastic integration for bond markets," Papers math/0602532, arXiv.org.
- Hugh Luckock, 2003. "A steady-state model of the continuous double auction," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 385-404.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9300 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Šmíd, 2007. "On Uselessness of Limit Orders," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 14(24).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:123:y:2013:i:6:p:2011-2053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.