Continuous time trading of a small investor in a limit order market
We provide a mathematical framework to model continuous time trading of a small investor in limit order markets. We show how elementary strategies can be extended in a suitable way to general continuous time strategies containing orders with infinitely many different limit prices. The general limit buy order strategies are predictable processes with values in the set of nonincreasing demand functions. It turns out that our strategy set of limit and market orders is closed, but limit orders can turn into market orders when passing to the limit, and any element can be approximated by a sequence of elementary strategies.
Volume (Year): 123 (2013)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hugh Luckock, 2003. "A steady-state model of the continuous double auction," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 385-404.
- Björk, Tomas & di Masi, Giovanni & Kabanov, Yuri & Runggaldier, Wolfgang, 1996.
"Towards a General Theory of Bond Markets,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
143, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Martin Šmíd, 2007. "Are Limit Orders Rational?," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2007(4), pages 32-38.
- M. De Donno & M. Pratelli, 2006. "A theory of stochastic integration for bond markets," Papers math/0602532, arXiv.org.
- Luciano Campi & Walter Schachermayer, 2006. "A super-replication theorem in Kabanov’s model of transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 579-596, December.
- Martin Šmíd, 2007. "On Uselessness of Limit Orders," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 14(24).
- Campi, Luciano & Schachermayer, Walter, 2006. "A super-replication theorem in Kabanov’s model of transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5455, Paris Dauphine University.
- Paolo Guasoni & Emmanuel Lépinette & Miklós Rásonyi, 2012.
"The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 741-777, October.
- Guasoni, Paolo & Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Rásonyi, Miklós, 2012. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9300, Paris Dauphine University.
- Fabien Guilbaud & Huy�n Pham, 2013. "Optimal high-frequency trading with limit and market orders," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 79-94, January.
- Aurélien Alfonsi & Alexander Schied, 2010. "Optimal trade execution and absence of price manipulations in limit order book models," Post-Print hal-00397652, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:123:y:2013:i:6:p:2011-2053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.