Asymptotic Behavior of the Stock Price Distribution Density and Implied Volatility in Stochastic Volatility Models
We study the asymptotic behavior of distribution densities arising in stock price models with stochastic volatility. The main objects of our interest in the present paper are the density of time averages of the squared volatility process and the density of the stock price process in the Stein-Stein and the Heston model. We find explicit formulas for leading terms in asymptotic expansions of these densities and give error estimates. As an application of our results, sharp asymptotic formulas for the implied volatility in the Stein-Stein and the Heston model are obtained.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adrian Dragulescu & Victor Yakovenko, 2002.
"Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 443-453.
- A. Dragulescu & V. M. Yakovenko, 2002. "Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 127, Society for Computational Economics.
- Adrian A. Dragulescu & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2002. "Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility," Papers cond-mat/0203046, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2002.
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-752.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Leif Andersen & Vladimir Piterbarg, 2007. "Moment explosions in stochastic volatility models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1999. "Pricing and Hedging of Derivative Securities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776192. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0906.0392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.