The Economics Of Shadow Pricing: Market Distortions And Public Investment
This paper explores the background to an important issue in applied welfare economics -- how the commodities used and produced by public projects should be valued in choosing among alternative modes of production.
|Date of creation:||1974|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040|
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edmar Bacha & Lance Taylor, 1971. "Foreign Exchange Shadow Prices: A Critical Review of Current Theories," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(2), pages 197-224.
- Warr, Peter G, 1973. "Savings Propensities and the Shadow Wage," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(160), pages 410-415, November.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1973. "The Design of Mechanisms for Resource Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 1-30, May.
- Dasgupta, Partha S & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1974.
"Benefit-Cost Analysis and Trade Policies,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-33, Jan.-Feb..
- Partha Dasgupta & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1972. "Benefit-Cost Analysis and Trade Policies," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 340, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1972. "Control Areas and Accounting Prices: An Approach to Economic Evaluation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 486-501, Supplemen.
- Tinbergen, Jan, 1995. "The Duration of Development," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 333-339, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:14116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.