The Economics of Desertification, Land Degradation, and Drought; Toward an Integrated Global Assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Gerber, Nicolas & Baumgartner, Philipp & von Braun, Joachim & De Pinto, Alex & Graw, Valerie & Kato, Edward & Kloos, Julia & Walter, Teresa, 2011. "The economics of desertification, land degradation, and drought: Toward an integrated global assessment," IFPRI discussion papers 1086, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicola Favretto & Emmanuelle Quillérou & Naomi Stewart, 2015. "ELD Initiative User Guide: A 6+1 step approach to assess the economics of land management," Working Papers hal-01954812, HAL.
- Carla Salinas & Jon Mendieta, 2013. "Mitigation and adaptation investments for desertification and climate change: an assessment of the socioeconomic return," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 659-672, June.
- von Braun, Joachim & Mirzabaev, Alisher, 2015. "Small Farms: Changing Structures and Roles in Economic Development," Discussion Papers 210464, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Valerie Graw & Gohar Ghazaryan & Karen Dall & Andoni Delgado Gómez & Ayman Abdel-Hamid & Andries Jordaan & Ruben Piroska & Joachim Post & Jörg Szarzynski & Yvonne Walz & Olena Dubovyk, 2017. "Drought Dynamics and Vegetation Productivity in Different Land Management Systems of Eastern Cape, South Africa—A Remote Sensing Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-19, September.
- Ida Nadia S. Djenontin & Samson Foli & Leo C. Zulu, 2018. "Revisiting the Factors Shaping Outcomes for Forest and Landscape Restoration in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Way Forward for Policy, Practice and Research," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-34, March.
- Richard J. Thomas & Emmanuelle Quillérou & Naomi Stewart, 2013. "The rewards of investing in sustainable land management," Working Papers hal-01954823, HAL.
- Emmanuelle Quillérou & Lindsay C. Stringer & Siv Øystese & Richard J. Thomas & Denis Bailly & Nicola Favretto & Naomi Stewart, 2015. "Chapter 6 - Enabling action: Conditions for success," Post-Print hal-01954799, HAL.
- Carla Salinas & Jon Mendieta, 2013. "Effectiveness of the strategies to combat land degradation and drought," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 18(8), pages 1269-1281, December.
- Emerton, Lucy & Snyder, Katherine A., 2018. "Rethinking sustainable land management planning: Understanding the social and economic drivers of farmer decision-making in Africa," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 684-694.
- MEKURIA, Wuletaw & MEKONNEN, Kindu & ADUGNA, Marelign, 2020. "Farm Diversification In The Central Highlands Of Ethiopia. Patterns, Determinants And Its Effect On Household Income," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 23(1), March.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & von Braun, Joachim & Mirzabaev, Alisher & Le, Quang Bao & Kwon, Ho Young & Kirui, Oliver K., 2013. "Economics of Land Degradation Initiative: Methods and Approach for Global and National Assessments," Discussion Papers 158663, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Le, Quang Bao & Nkonya, Ephraim & Mirzabaev, Alisher, 2014. "Biomass Productivity-Based Mapping of Global Land Degradation Hotspots," Discussion Papers 177961, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Carla Salinas & Jon Mendieta, 2013. "Numerical model to assess the impact of the strategies to mitigate desertification," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 551-566, June.
- Helen Briassoulis, 2019. "Combating Land Degradation and Desertification: The Land-Use Planning Quandary," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-26, February.
- Emmanuelle Quillérou & Richard J. Thomas, 2012. "Costs of land degradation and beneﬁts of land restoration: A review of valuation methods and suggested frameworks for inclusion into policy-making," Post-Print hal-01954793, HAL.
- Turner, Katrine Grace & Anderson, Sharolyn & Gonzales-Chang, Mauricio & Costanza, Robert & Courville, Sasha & Dalgaard, Tommy & Dominati, Estelle & Kubiszewski, Ida & Ogilvy, Sue & Porfirio, Luciana &, 2016. "A review of methods, data, and models to assess changes in the value of ecosystem services from land degradation and restoration," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 190-207.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural Finance; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ubzefd:109326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zefbnde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zefbnde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.