Producer Valuation Of Herd Bull Characteristics
This study evaluates the importance of certain bull characteristics (disposition, EPD's, conformation, etc.) on a cow-calf producer's herd bull purchase decision. Data were collected from the Auburn University Bull Test Sale from 1997 to 2004. A total of 260 buyers purchased a total of 370 bulls during this six-year period. These buyers will be surveyed to determine demographics, farm characteristics, and the importance of factors influencing their bull purchase decision. A hedonic pricing model will be utilized to determine the value that individual buyers place on various factors or bull characteristics when purchasing a bull.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Combris, Pierre & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 1997. "Estimation for a Hedonic Price Equation for Bordeaux Wine: Does Quality Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 390-402, March.
- Gary Crow, 1997. "Estimating the Values of Cattle Characteristics Using an Ordered Probit Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 463-476.
- Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Simms, Danny D. & Bolze, Ronald P., Jr. & Geske, Jeremy, 1996. "Determinants Of Purebred Beef Bull Price Differentials," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Kalyn T. Coatney & Dale J. Menkhaus & John D. Schmitz, 1996. "Feeder Cattle Price Determinants: An Hedonic System of Equations Approach," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(2), pages 193-211.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.