Technological Competition a Qualitative Product Life Cycle
In this work, it is proposed to consider the evolution of markets for technological innovative products as a co-evolutionary process, where the product characteristics are the results of the interaction between producers technological advances and buyers’ preferences evolution. A methodological discussion identifies some necessary properties for a model to study this issue. A model of technological competition is developed, and its results discussed, to test a possible implementation of the supply side of the co-evolutionary process.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.druid.dk/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klepper, Steven, 1997. "Industry Life Cycles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 145-181.
- Dosi, Giovanni, et al, 1997. "Industrial Structures and Dynamics: Evidence, Interpretations and Puzzles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 3-24.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- W. Fontana & L.W. Buss, 1996. "The Barrier of Objects: From Dynamical Systems to Bounded Organizations," Working Papers wp96027, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-131, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:98-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.