Report NEP-URE-2004-08-09This is the archive for NEP-URE, a report on new working papers in the area of Urban & Real Estate Economics. Steve Ross issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Edward L. Glaeser & Albert Saiz, 2003. "The rise of the skilled city," Working Papers 04-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Rubén Hernández-Murillo & John Knowles, 2004. "Racial profiling or racist policing? bounds tests in aggregate data," Working Papers 2004-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Brian Krauth, 2004. "Simulation-based estimation of peer effects," Econometrics 0408002, EconWPA.
- Jane Friesen & Brian Krauth, 2004. "Sorting and inequality in Canadian schools," HEW 0408001, EconWPA.
- Arthur Grimes & Andrew Aitken & Suzi Kerr, 2004. "House Price Efficiency: Expectations, Sales, Symmetry," Urban/Regional 0408001, EconWPA.
- Jason Bram & Andrew F. Haughwout & James A. Orr & Robert W. Rich & Rae D. Rosen, 2004. "The linkage between regional economic indexes and tax bases: evidence from New York," Staff Reports 188, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "The price and quantity of residential land in the United States," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna, 2004. "Pre-School Enrollment: An Analysis by Immigrant Generation," IZA Discussion Papers 1226, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ethan Lewis, 2003. "Local, open economies within the U.S.: how do industries respond to immigration?," Working Papers 04-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Bruce Chapman & Matthew Gray, 2004. "Youth Unemployment: Aggregate Incidence and Consequences for Individuals," Labor and Demography 0408001, EconWPA.
- Brian Krauth, 2004. "Peer and selection effects on youth smoking in California," HEW 0408002, EconWPA.
- van Ham, Maarten & Büchel, Felix, 2004. "Females' Willingness to Work and the Discouragement Effect of a Poor Local Childcare Provision," IZA Discussion Papers 1220, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew F. Haughwout & Robert P. Inman, 2004. "How should suburbs help their central cities?," Staff Reports 186, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kenneth P. Brevoort & Timothy H. Hannan, 2004. "Commercial lending and distance: evidence from Community Reinvestment Act data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Albert Saiz, 2003. "Immigration and housing rents in American cities," Working Papers 03-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fumiko Hayashi, 2003. "Community bank access to payment card networks : has it become more expensive?," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 03-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Del Bono, Emilia & Galindo-Rueda, Fernando, 2004. "Do a Few Months of Compulsory Schooling Matter? The Education and Labour Market Impact of School Leaving Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 1233, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).