Report NEP-POL-2019-06-24This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Blane D. Lewis, 2018. "The impact of pre-electoral coalitions on mayoral election outcomes in Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2018-20, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Dhillon, Amrita & Kotsialou, Grammateia & McBurney, Peter & Riley, Luke, 2019. "Introduction to Voting and the Blockchain: some open questions for economists," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 416, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Jelnov, Artyom & Jelnov, Pavel, 2019. "Voting Power and Survival: The Case of a Ruling Party," IZA Discussion Papers 12354, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Blane D. Lewis & Adrianus Hendrawan, 2018. "The impact of mayor-council coalitions on local government spending, service delivery, and corruption in Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2018-19, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Afridi, Farzana & Dhillon, Amrita & Solan, Eilon, 2019. "Electoral Competition and Corruption: Theory and Evidence from India," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 423, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- NARITA Yusuke, 2019. "Hearing the Voice of the Future: Trump vs Clinton," Discussion papers 19025, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Fernández, Raquel & Parsa, Sahar & Viarengo, Martina, 2019. "Coming Out in America: AIDS, Politics, and Cultural Change," IZA Discussion Papers 12360, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Manuela Krause & Niklas Potrafke, 2019. "The Real Estate Transfer Tax and Government Ideology: Evidence from the German States," ifo Working Paper Series 302, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Bennett, Daniel L. & Bjørnskov, Christian & Gohmann, Stephan F., 2019. "Coups, Regime Transitions, and Institutional Change," Working Paper Series 1281, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Peeva, Aleksandra, 2019. "Did sanctions help Putin?," Discussion Papers 2019/7, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Dhillon, Amrita & Pickering, Andrew & Sjöström, Tomas, 2019. "Sovereign debt: election concerns and the democratic disadvantage," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 422, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Hanming Fang & Linke Hou & Mingxing Liu & Lixin Colin Xu & Pengfei Zhang, 2019. "Factions, Local Accountability, and Long-Term Development: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 25901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niklas Potrafke & Felix Rösel, 2019. "The Urban-Rural Gap in Health Care Infrastructure – Does Government Ideology Matter?," ifo Working Paper Series 300, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Chandan K. Jha & Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2019. "Does Social Media Promote Democracy? Some Empirical Evidence," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 19/031, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Volker Meier & Matthew D. Rablen, 2019. "Political economy of redistribution between traditional and modern families," CESifo Working Paper Series 7658, CESifo.
- FUJIWARA Ippei & HORI Shunsuke & WAKI Yuichiro, 2019. "Generational War on Inflation: Optimal Inflation Rates for the Young and the Old," Discussion papers 19021, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).