Report NEP-POL-2013-10-25This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hanusch, Marek & Keefer, Philip, 2013. "Political budget cycles and the organization of political parties," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6654, The World Bank.
- Hanusch, Marek & Keefer, Philip, 2013. "Promises, promises : vote-buying and the electoral mobilization strategies of non-credible politicians," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6653, The World Bank.
- Enriqueta Aragonès & Dimitrios Xefteris, 2013. "Imperfectly Informed Voters and Strategic Extremism," Working Papers 725, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Pérez, Jessica, 2013. "Do More Educated Leaders Raise Citizens' Education?," IZA Discussion Papers 7661, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Antonio Merlo & Áureo de Paula, 2013. "Identification and estimation of preference distributions when voters are ideological," CeMMAP working papers CWP51/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- D'Haultfoeuille, Xavier & Durrmeyer, Isis & Février, Philippe, 2013. "The Effect of Public Policies on Consumers' Preferences: Lessons from the French Automobile Market," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 422, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Carolina Achury & Christos Koulovatianos & John Tsoukalas, 2013. "Political Economics of External Sovereign Defaults," CREA Discussion Paper Series 13-23, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Bandhyopadhyay, Tirthankar & Dinda, Soumyananda, 2013. "Neo-Liberalism and Protest in West Bengal: An Analysis through the Media lens," MPRA Paper 50741, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Jun 2013.
- Tuvana Pastine & Ivan Pastine & Matthew T. Cole, 2013. "Incumbency Advantage in an Electoral Contest," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n242-13.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Crawley, Heaven & Drinkwater, Stephen & Kauser, Rukhsana, 2013. "Regional Variations in Attitudes Towards Refugees: Evidence from Great Britain," IZA Discussion Papers 7647, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kathryn Harrison, 2013. "The Political Economy of British Columbia's Carbon Tax," OECD Environment Working Papers 63, OECD Publishing.