Report NEP-POL-2012-06-25This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Juan Luis Jiménez & Carmen García, 2012. "“Corruption and local politics: does it pay to be a crook?”," IREA Working Papers 201212, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jun 2012.
- Javier G. Polavieja, 2012. "The great recession: Political trust, satisfaction with democracy and attitudes to welfare-state redistribution in Europe," Working Papers 2012-08, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Falck, Oliver & Gold, Robert & Heblich, Stephan, 2012. "E-Lections: Voting Behavior and the Internet," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2012-07, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Faravelli, Marco & Sanchez-Pages, Santiago, 2012. "(Donâ€™t) Make My Vote Count," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-07, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Enriqueta Aragonès & Micael Castanheira & Marco Giani, 2012. "Electoral Competition through Issue Selection," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 903.12, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Suresh Naidu, 2012. "Suffrage, Schooling, and Sorting in the Post-Bellum U.S. South," NBER Working Papers 18129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Micael Castanheira & Gaëtan Nicodème & Paola Profeta, 2012. "On the Political Economics of Tax Reforms: survey and empirical assessment," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2012-08-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Enriqueta Aragonès & Micael Castanheira & Marco Giani, 2012. "Electoral Competition through Issue Selection," Working Papers 641, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Gersbach, Hans & Müller, Markus, 2012. "Higher Bars for Incumbents and Experience," CEPR Discussion Papers 9005, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jørn Rattsø & Rune J. Sørensen, 2012. "Political control of government enterprises: Who controls whom?," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2012-02-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Abmann, Christian & Henning, Christian H.C.A. & Krampe, Eva, 2012. "Constitutional Rules, Informal Institutions and Agricultural Protection in Developing and Industrial Countries: Theory and Empirical Evidence," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124885, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- David Coyne & Chih Ming Tan, 2012. "Do Political Institutions Yield Multiple Growth Regimes?," Working Paper series 36_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Elinder, Mikael & Jordahl, Henrik, 2012. "Political Preferences and Public Sector Outsourcing," IZA Discussion Papers 6632, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).