Report NEP-POL-2008-10-28This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Aidt, T.S. & Dutta, J., 2008. "Electoral Uncertainty and Public Goods," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0843, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Elinder, Mikael & Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu, 2008. "Selfish and Prospective: Theory and Evidence of Pocketbook Voting," IZA Discussion Papers 3763, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bevelander, Pieter & Pendakur, Ravi, 2008. "Electoral Participation as a Measure of Social Inclusion for Natives, Immigrants and Descendants in Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 3764, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jeffrey Milyo & Reagan Baughman, 2008. "How Do States Formulate Medicaid and SCHIP Policy? Economic and Political Determinants of State Eligibility Levels," Working Papers 0813, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Janeba, Eckhard & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2008. "The Welfare Effects of Tax Competition Reconsidered: Politicians and Political Institutions," Discussion Papers 2008/22, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Erich Gundlach & Martin Paldam, 2008. "The Democratic Transition. A study of the causality between income and the Gastil democracy index," Economics Working Papers 2008-15, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Jeffrey Milyo & David M. Konisky & Lilliard E. Richardson, Jr., 2008. "Explaining Public Attitudes on State Legislative Professionalism," Working Papers 0812, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Markus Brückner & Antonio Ciccone, 2008. "Rain and the democratic window of opportunity," Economics Working Papers 1114, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2009.
- Jeffrey Milyo & David M. Konisky & Lilliard E. Richardson, Jr., 2008. "Environmental Policy Attitudes: Issues, Geographical Scale, and Political Trust," Working Papers 0811, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Campos, Nauro F & Karanasos, Menelaos G. & Tan, Bin, 2008. "Two to Tangle: Financial Development, Political Instability and Economic Growth in Argentina (1896–2000)," IZA Discussion Papers 3752, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Prachi Mishra & Giovanni Facchini & Anna Maria Mayda, 2008. "Do Interest Groups Affect U.S. Immigration Policy?," IMF Working Papers 08/244, International Monetary Fund.
- Brian G. Knight & Chun-Fang Chiang, 2008. "Media Bias and Influence: Evidence from Newspaper Endorsements," NBER Working Papers 14445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia Funk & Christina Gathmann, 2007. "Does direct democracy reduce the size of government? New evidence from historical data, 1890-2000," Economics Working Papers 1123, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2008.
- Joan Esteban & Esther Hauk, 2008. "Leadership in Collective Action," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 756.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Julien Vauday, 2008. "Heterogeneous Lobbying Efficiency," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00331298, HAL.
- Jan Kakes & Jasper de Winter, 2008. "Preferences for redistribution in the Netherlands," DNB Working Papers 179, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.