Report NEP-POL-2008-09-20This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Costas Roumanias, 2008. "Auctioning Public Office," Discussion Paper Series 2008_08, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Sep 2008.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Pedro C. Magalhães, 2008. "Growth, Centrism and Semi-Presidentialism: Forecasting the Portuguese General Elections," NIPE Working Papers 20/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Jaideep Roy & Marcin Dziubinski, 2008. "Electoral Competition amongst Citizen-candidates and Downsian Politicians," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-10, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Mamoon, Dawood, 2008. "How Does Democracy fare with Economic Welfare for a Trading Nation?," MPRA Paper 10433, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sayantan Ghosal & Eugenio Proto, 2008. "Democracy, Collective Action and Intra-Elite Conflict," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-09, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2008. "The Efficacy of Parochial Politics: Caste, Commitment, and Competence in Indian Local Governments," NBER Working Papers 14335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthieu Chemin, 2008. "Do Criminals Politicians Reduce Corruption? Evidence from India," Cahiers de recherche 0825, CIRPEE.
- Gustavo J Bobonis, 2008. "Endowments, Coercion, and the Historical Containment of Education," Working Papers tecipa-335, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke, 2007. "Political Risk, Economic Integration, and the Foreign Direct Investment Decision," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 208, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Sandro Brusco & Jaideep Roy, 2008. "Aggregate Uncertainty in the Citizen-Candidate Model Yields Extremist Parties," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-11, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman II, 2008. "On the Theory of Ethnic Conflict," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-08, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Ilja Neustadt & Peter Zweifel, 2008. "Why does the amount of income redistribution differ between United States and Europe? The Janus face of Switzerland," SOI - Working Papers 0810, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Bansal, Ashok, 2008. "Hierarchical Bayes prediction for the 2008 US Presidential election," MPRA Paper 10470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Max Albert & Vanessa Mertins, 2008. "Participation and Decision Making: A Three-person Power-to-take Experiment," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200805, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Kohnert, Dirk, 2008.
"Ausgrenzung und Entfremdung statt Integration: Afrikas Neuer Nationalismus in Zeiten der Globalisierung
[Exclusion and alienation instead of inclusion: Africa's new Nationalism in times of globaliz," MPRA Paper 10529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brian Burgoon & Panicos Demetriades & Geoffrey Underhill, 2008. "Financial Liberalisation and Political Variables: a response to Abiad and Mody," Discussion Papers in Economics 08/30, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Gustavo Federico Torrens, 2008. "The economic value of ideology," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 378, Universidad del CEMA.