Report NEP-MON-2019-01-28This is the archive for NEP-MON, a report on new working papers in the area of Monetary Economics. Bernd Hayo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Bernd Hayo & Kai Henseler & Marc Steffen Rapp, 2019. "Estimating the monetary policy interest-rate-to-performance sensitivity of the European banking sector at the zero lower bound," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201902, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Charles Engel & Steve Pak Yeung Wu, 2018. "Liquidity and Exchange Rates: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 25397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Matteo Maggiori, 2019. "China vs. U.S.: IMS Meets IPS," NBER Working Papers 25469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shigeto Kitano & Kenya Takaku, 2019. "Gains from Policy Cooperation in Capital Controls and Financial Market Incompleteness," Discussion Paper Series DP2019-01, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- William Arrata & Benoit Nguyen & Imene Rahmouni-Rousseau & Miklos Vari, 2018. "The Scarcity Effect of Quantitative Easing on Repo Rates: Evidence from the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 18/258, International Monetary Fund.
- Anna Kruglova & Konstantin Styrin & Yulia Ushakova, 2018. "Transmission of foreign monetary shocks to a small open economy under structural instability: the case of Russia," Bank of Russia Working Paper Series wps38, Bank of Russia.
- Miguel Sarmiento, 2019. "The Impact of Exogenous Liquidity Shocks on Banks Funding Costs: Microevidence from the Unsecured Interbank Market," IHEID Working Papers 01-2019, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Sutirtha Bagchi & Michael Patrick Curran & Matthew J. Fagerstrom, 2019. "What is the Impact of Monetary Policy on Wealth Inequality?," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 39, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Agustín Arias & Markus Kirchner, 2019. "Shifting Inflation Expectations and Monetary Policy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 829, Central Bank of Chile.
- Sophie Altermatt, Simon Beyeler, 2018. "Shall We Twist?," Diskussionsschriften dp1825, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Michael Donadelli & Patrick Grüning & Aurelija Proskute, 2019. "Monetary policy, trade, and endogenous growth under different international financial market structures," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 57, Bank of Lithuania.
- Dimitris Malliaropulos & Petros Migiakis, 2018. "Quantitative easing and sovereign bond yields: a global perspective," Working Papers 253, Bank of Greece.
- Chiara Punzo & Lorenza Rossi, 2019. "The Redistributive Effects of a Money-Financed Fiscal Stimulus," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def076, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Ghosh, Taniya & Parab, Prashant Mehul, 2018. "Testing the Friedman and Schwartz Hypothesis using Time Varying Correlation Analysis," MPRA Paper 90628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albert Marouani, 2018.
"The limits of Quantitative Easing Monetary Policies: how to overcome them?
[Les limites des politiques monétaires accommodantes : comment les dépasser ?]," Post-Print halshs-01964283, HAL.
- Samreth, Sovannroeun & Sok, Pagna, 2018. "Revisiting the Impacts of Exchange Rate Movement on the Dollarization Process in Cambodia," MPRA Paper 91240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mertens, Thomas M. & Williams, John C., 2019. "Monetary Policy Frameworks and the Effective Lower Bound on Interest Rates," Working Paper Series 2019-1, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Isabel Schnabel & Johannes Tischer, 2018. "Banks' Trading after the Lehman Crisis â€“ The Role of Unconventional Monetary Policy," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_2018_036, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Hofert, Eduard, 2019. "Regulating virtual currencies," IMFS Working Paper Series 130, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Ghosh, Taniya & Bhadury, Soumya Suvra, 2017. "Exchange Rate Overshooting: A Reassessment in a Monetary Framework," MPRA Paper 90653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony M. Diercks & Uri Carl, 2019. "A Simple Macro-Finance Measure of Risk Premia in Fed Funds Futures," FEDS Notes 2019-01-08, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hollmayr, Josef & Kühl, Michael, 2018. "Monetary-fiscal interaction and quantitative easing," Discussion Papers 50/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Luisa Corrado & Tobias Schuler, 2018. "Financial Cycles, Credit Bubbles and Stabilization Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 7422, CESifo Group Munich.
- Maria Bigoni & Gabriele Camera & Marco Casari, 2018. "Money Is More Than Memory," Working Papers 18-17, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Makoto (M.) Watanabe & Tarishi Matsuoka, 2019. "Banking Panics and the Lender of Last Resort in a Monetary Economy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-002/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sophie Altermatt, 2018. "The Long-Run Demand for M2 Reconsidered," Diskussionsschriften dp1824, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Nyoni, Thabani & Nathaniel, Solomon Prince, 2018. "Modeling rates of inflation in Nigeria: an application of ARMA, ARIMA and GARCH models," MPRA Paper 91351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goodhead, Robert & Kolb, Benedikt, 2018. "Monetary Policy Communication Shocks and the Macroeconomy," Research Technical Papers 15/RT/18, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Pablo Kurlat, 2018. "Deposit Spreads and the Welfare Cost of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 25385, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levy, Daniel & Snir, Avichai & Gotler, Alex & Chen, Haipeng (Allan), 2019. "Not all price endings are created equal: Price points and asymmetric price rigidity," MPRA Paper 91360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Husnu C. Dalgic, 2018. "Financial Dollarization in Emerging Markets: An Insurance Arrangement," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_2018_051, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Rivadeneyra, Francisco & Wong, Tsz-Nga, 2019. "Should the central bank issue e-money?," Working Papers 2019-3, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Claudio Borio, 2019. "On money, debt, trust and central banking," BIS Working Papers 763, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jaremski, Matthew & Wheelock, David C., 2019. "The Founding of the Federal Reserve, the Great Depression and the Evolution of the U.S. Interbank Network," Working Papers 2019-2, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 25 Jun 2019.
- Roger E.A. Farmer & Pawel Zabczyk, 2019. "A Requiem for the Fiscal Theory of the Price Level," NBER Working Papers 25445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghosh, Taniya & Bhadury, Soumya Suvra, 2018. "Has Money Lost Its Relevance? Resolving the Exchange Rate Disconnect Puzzle," MPRA Paper 90627, University Library of Munich, Germany.