Report NEP-MIG-2012-06-05This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ernest Miguélez, 2012. "How do geographically mobile innovators influence network formation?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1208, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2012.
- Silvia Maja Melzer & Ruud J. Muffels, 2012. "Migrant's Pursuit of Happiness: The Impact of Adaption, Social Comparison and Relative Deprivation; Evidence from a 'Natural' Experiment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 448, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Bilal Zia, 2012. "The Impact of Financial Literacy Training for Migrants," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1216, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- James Ted McDonald & Casey Warman & Christopher Worswick, 2012. "Immigrant Selection Systems and Occupational Outcomes of International Medical Graduates in Canada and the United States," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 293, McMaster University.
- Nina Neubecker & Marcel Smolka & Anne Steinbacher, 2012. "Networks and Selection in International Migration to Spain," IAW Discussion Papers 83, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Charlotte Geay & Sandra McNally & Shqiponja Telhaj, 2012. "In brief: Language barriers? The impact of non-native English speakers in the classroom," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 368, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Diette, Timothy M. & Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2012. "Do Significant Immigrant Inflows Create Negative Education Impacts? Lessons from the North Carolina Public School System," IZA Discussion Papers 6561, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kristi Anniste & Tiit Tammaru & Enel Pungas & Tiiu Paas, 2012. "Emigration After Eu Enlargement: Was There A Brain Drain Effect In The Case Of Estonia?," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 87, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Joël MACHADO, 2012. "On the welfare impacts of an immigration amnesty," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2012010, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Giovanni Peri & Greg C. Wright, 2012. "Immigration, Offshoring and American Jobs," CEP Discussion Papers dp1147, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- O'Connell, Philip J. & Joyce, Corona & Finn, Mairead, 2012. "International Migration in Ireland, 2011," Papers WP434, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Fischer, A.M., 2012. "Provincial migration in China : Preliminary insights from the 2010 population census," ISS Working Papers - General Series 541, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Jaap Dronkers & Rolf van der Velden & Allison Dunne, 2012. "Why are migrant students better off in certain types of educational systems or schools than in others? On the effects of educational systems, school composition, track level, parental background, and ," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1215, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Raza, Syed Ali, 2012. "Workers’ remittances and economic growth in China and Korea: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 39003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Raza, Syed Ali, 2012. "Workers’ Remittances and Economic Growth in South Asia," MPRA Paper 39001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Raza, Syed Ali, 2012. "Remittances, Growth and Convergence: Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 39002, University Library of Munich, Germany.