Report NEP-IAS-2018-01-22This is the archive for NEP-IAS, a report on new working papers in the area of Insurance Economics. Soumitra K. Mallick issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Francesco Decarolis & Andrea Guglielmo & Calvin Luscombe, 2017. "Open Enrollment Periods and Plan Choices," NBER Working Papers 24156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas A. Durkin & Gregory E. Elliehausen, 2017. "New Evidence on an Old Unanswered Question : Why Some Borrowers Purchase Credit Insurance and Other Debt Protection and Some Do Not," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-122, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ralph Koijen & Motohiro Yogo, 2018. "The Fragility of Market Risk Insurance," NBER Working Papers 24182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriella Conti & Rita Ginja, 2017. "Who benefits from free health insurance: evidence from Mexico," IFS Working Papers W17/26, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sungchul Park & Anirban Basu & Norma Coe & Fahad Khalil, 2017. "Service-level Selection: Strategic Risk Selection in Medicare Advantage in Response to Risk Adjustment," NBER Working Papers 24038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Camille Landais & Arash Nekoei & Peter Nilsson & David Seim & Johannes Spinnewijn, 2017. "Risk-based selection and unemployment insurance: evidence and implications," IFS Working Papers W17/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein, 2017. "Moral Hazard in Health Insurance: What We Know and How We Know It," NBER Working Papers 24055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maissa Tamraz & Yaming Yang, 2017. "Price Optimisation for New Business," Papers 1711.07753, arXiv.org.
- Spyridon Lazarakis & James Malley & Konstantinos Angelopoulos, 2017. "Asymmetries in Earnings, Employment and Wage Risk in Great Britain," 2017 Meeting Papers 1314, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kehoe, Patrick J., 2017. "Fiscal unions redux," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86162, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matthew E. Kahn & V. Kerry Smith, 2017. "The Affordability Goal and Prices in the National Flood Insurance Program," NBER Working Papers 24120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marius Clemens & Guillaume Claveres, 2017. "Unemployment Insurance Union," 2017 Meeting Papers 1340, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fredrik Andersson & Harry J. Holzer & Julia I. Lane & David Rosenblum & Jeffrey Smith, 2018. "Does Federally-Funded Job Training Work? Nonexperimental Estimates of WIA Training Impacts Using Longitudinal Data on Workers and Firms," Working Papers 18-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada, 2017. "Can Regional Decentralisation Shift Health Care Preferences?," IZA Discussion Papers 11180, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kolsrud, Jonas & Landais, Camille & Nilsson, J. Peter & Spinnewijn, Johannes, 2018. "The optimal timing of unemployment benefits: theory and evidence from Sweden," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86379, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Imke Reimers & Benjamin R. Shiller, 2018. "Proprietary Data, Competition, and Consumer Effort: An Application to Telematics in Auto Insurance," Working Papers 119, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Jonas Crevecoeur & Katrien Antonio & Roel Verbelen, 2018. "A time change strategy to model reporting delay dynamics in claims reserving," Papers 1801.02935, arXiv.org.
- Bijlsma, Michiel & Boone, Jan & Douven, Rudy & Remmerswaal, Minke, 2017. "Cost-Sharing Design Matters: A Comparison of the Rebate and Deductible in Healthcare," CEPR Discussion Papers 12507, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.