Report NEP-HIS-2016-07-30This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Michael Fritsch & Alina Sorgner & Michael Wyrwich & Evguenii Zazdravnykh, 2016. "Historical shocks and persistence of economic activity: evidence from a unique natural experiment," HSE Working papers WP BRP 143/EC/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Strachman, Eduardo, 2016.
"Crescimento Econômico Brasileiro e seus Obstáculos – 1930-2015: uma análise histórico-estrutural
[The Brazilian Economic Growth and its Constraints - 1930-2015: a historic-structural analysis]," MPRA Paper 72697, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Jul 2016.
- Federico, Giovanni & Tena Junguito, Antonio, 2016. "Lewis revisited : tropical polities competing on the world market 1830-1938," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 23305, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Jacob Weisdorf, 2016. "The Effect of the Italian Unification on the Comparative Regional Development in Literacy, 1821-1911," CEIS Research Paper 392, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 25 Jul 2016.
- Stéphane BECUWE & Bertrand BLANCHETON, 2016. "French Textile Specialisation in Long Run Perspective (1836-1938) : Trade Policy as Industrial Policy," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2016-17, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- T.K Ahn & Loukas Balafoutas & Mongoljin Batsaikhan & Francisco Campos Ortiz & Louis Putterman & Matthias Sutter, 2016. "Trust and Communication in a Property Rights Dilemma," Working Papers 2016-5, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Cinnirella & Erik Hornung, 2015. "Landownership Concentration and the Expansion of Education," Working Papers tax-mpg-rps-2015-02, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- de la Fonteijne, Marcel R., 2014. "The (F)Laws of Piketty’s Capitalism: A Fundamental Approach," MPRA Paper 72719, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2016. "Historical education levels and present-day non-cognitive skills," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2016/13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Simón Gil Arango & Juan Sebastián Cubillos & Guillermo Andrés Martínez Medina, 2016. "Historia e institucionalidad en la minería colombiana," Econógrafos - Escuela de Economía 014831, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID.
- Robert C. Allen, 2016. "The Hand-Loom Weaver and the Power Loom: A Schumpeterian Perspective," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _142, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Christoph Eder, 2016. "Missing Men: World War II Casualties and Structural Change," Working Papers 2016-22, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Ecchia, Stefania, 2016.
"La controversia tra la Camera di Commercio di Roma e il Consiglio del Debito Pubblico Ottomano sulla conversione delle obbligazioni privilegiate del 1890
[The dispute between the Chamber of Commerc," MPRA Paper 72670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sanches, Fábio & Villaveces, Marta-Juanita, 2016. "The paradox of land reform, inequality and local development in Colombia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67193, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christoph Eder & Martin Halla, 2016. "The Long-lasting Shadow of the Allied Occupation of Austria on its Spatial Equilibrium," Working Papers 2016-23, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Nagel, Korbinian, 2016. "A Life Course Perspective on the Income-to-Health Relationship: Macro-Empirical Evidence from Two Centuries," Working Paper 171/2016, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira-Filho & Mark Horridge, 2016. "Climate change impacts on agriculture and internal migrations in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-262, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2016. "Comparing the role of height between men and women in the marriage market," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 16-20, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Enache,Maria & Ghani,Syed Ejaz & O'Connell,Stephen, 2016. "Structural transformation in Africa : a historical view," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7743, The World Bank.
- Crettez, Bertrand & Deffains, Bruno & Musy, Olivier, 2016. "French legal origins: A Tocquevilian view," MPRA Paper 72582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Accominotti, Olivier & Chambers, David, 2016. "If you’re so smart: John Maynard Keynes and currency speculation in the interwar years," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64722, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mark A. Carlson & David C. Wheelock, 2016. "Near-Money Premiums, Monetary Policy, and the Integration of Money Markets : Lessons from Deregulation," Working Papers 2016-15, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.