Report NEP-HIS-2008-05-17This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Galenson, 2008. "The Globalization of Advanced Art in the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 14005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurora Gómez Galvarriato & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Was It Prices, Productivity or Policy? The Timing and Pace of Latin American Industrialization after 1870," NBER Working Papers 13990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valerie A. Ramey, 2008. "Time Spent in Home Production in the 20th Century: New Estimates from Old Data," NBER Working Papers 13985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier De Scheemaekere & Ariane Szafarz, 2008. "The special status of mathematical probability: a historical sketch," Working Papers CEB 08-017.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Farley Grubb, 2008. "Creating Maryland's Paper Money Economy, 1720-1739: The Role of Power, Print, and Markets," NBER Working Papers 13974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Michael J. Dueker & David C. Wheelock, 2009. "Inflation, monetary policy and stock market conditions: quantitative evidence from a hybrid latent-variable VAR," Working Papers 2008-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A., 2008. "The Concept Of Comparison Income: An Historical Perspective," MPRA Paper 8713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Industrial Development, Firm Dynamics and Patterns of Productivity Growth: The Case of the Cotton Spinning Industry in Prewar Japan, 1894-1924," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-562, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Carsten Burhop & Thorsten Luebbers, 2008. "Cartels, managerial incentives, and productive efficiency in German coal mining, 1881-1913," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_13, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-563, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Brandon Dupont & Alka Gandhi & Thomas J. Weiss, 2008. "The American Invasion of Europe: The Long Term Rise in Overseas Travel, 1820-2000," NBER Working Papers 13977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Bayer & Carsten Burhop, 2008. "Corporate Governance and Incentive Contracts: Historical Evidence from a Legal Reform," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_11, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro & Rosés, Joan R., 2008. "Long-run Estimates of Physical Capital in Spain, 1850-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp08-07, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Marongiu, Federico, 2008.
"La necesidad de teorías heterodoxas para el acercamiento entre historia y economía
[The need of Heterodox theories for a marriage between history and economics]," MPRA Paper 8746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petra Moser, 2008. "An Empirical Test of Taste-based Discrimination Changes in Ethnic Preferences and their Effect on Admissions to the NYSE during World War I," NBER Working Papers 14003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Radeljic, Branislav, 2008. "Kosovo 1998-2008: Human Rights from War to Independence," MPRA Paper 8684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weise, Charles L, 2008. "Political constraints on monetary policy during the Great Inflation," MPRA Paper 8694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert J. Gordon & Ian Dew-Becker, 2008. "Controversies about the Rise of American Inequality: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 13982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Getulio Nunes & Edgar Lanzer & Fernando A. Ribeiro Serra & Manuel Portugal Ferreira, 2008. "EmergÃªncia do marketing nas instituiÃ§Ãµes de ensino superior: Um estudo exploratÃ³rio," Working Papers 17, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- EL KAROUNI, Ilyess, 2008.
"ORIGINES et consolidation du changement institutionnel : le cas chinois
[ORIGINS and Strengthening of Institutional Change: the Chinese Case]," MPRA Paper 8714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baldwin, John R. & Brown, W. Mark & Gu, Wulong, 2008. "Acces geographique au marche et effets du commerce sur la duree des cycles de production, la diversite des produits et la taille des etablissements de fabrication au Canada, 1974 a 1999," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2008052f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.