Report NEP-FOR-2014-08-09This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Croonenbroeck, Carsten & Ambach, Daniel, 2014. "A comparison of different wind power forecasting models to the Mycielski approach," Discussion Papers 355, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Minford, Patrick & Xu, Yongdeng & Zhou, Peng, 2014. "How good are out of sample forecasting Tests on DSGE models?," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2014/11, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Kholodilin, Konstantin A. & Thomas, Tobias & Ulbricht, Dirk, 2014. "Do media data help to predict German industrial production?," DICE Discussion Papers 149, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Luba Petersen, 2014. "Forecast Error Information and Heterogeneous Expectations in Learning-to-Forecast Experiments," Discussion Papers dp14-05, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Hans Christian Müller-Dröge & Tara M. Sinclair & H.O. Stekler, 2014. "Evaluating Forecasts of a Vector of Variables: a German Forecasting Competition," CAMA Working Papers 2014-55, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ortiz-Arango, Francisco & Cabrera-Llanos, Agustín I. & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco, 2014. "Euro Exchange Rate Forecasting with Differential Neural Networks with an Extended Tracking Procedure," MPRA Paper 57720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Gouriéroux & Joann Jasiak, 2014. "Filtering and Prediction in Noncausal Processes," Working Papers 2014-15, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Maciej Krzak & Grzegorz Poniatowski & Katarzyna W¹sik, 2014. "Forecasting Financial Stress and Economic Sensitivity in CEE countries," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0474, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- F. Pancotto & G. Pignataro & D. Raggi, 2014. "Higher order beliefs and the dynamics of exchange rates," Working Papers wp957, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Narayan, Paresh & Ali Ahmed, Huson, 2014. "Importance of Skewness in Decision Making: Evidence from the Indian Stock Exchange," Working Papers fe_2014_11, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Rafi, Umar & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Are Islamic Banks Truly Shariah Compliant? An Application of Time Series Multivariate Forecasting Techniques to Islamic Bank Financing," MPRA Paper 57711, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Morley, 2014. "Measuring Economic Slack: A Forecast-Based Approach with Applications to Economies in Asia and the Pacific," BIS Working Papers 451, Bank for International Settlements.
- Arnak S. Dalalyan & Mohamed Hebiri & Johannes Lederer, 2014. "On the Prediction Performance of the Lasso," Working Papers 2014-05, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.