Report NEP-FOR-2013-02-08This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Massimiliano Marcellino & Mario Porqueddu & Fabrizio Venditti, 2013. "Short-term GDP forecasting with a mixed frequency dynamic factor model with stochastic volatility," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 896, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Brenda López-Cabrera & Matthias Ritter, 2012. "Forecast based Pricing of Weather Derivatives," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-027, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Matthias Ritter, 2012. "Can the market forecast the weather better than meteorologists?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-067, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Mattéo Luciani & Lorenzo Ricci, 2013. "Nowcasting Norway," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-10, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2013. "Forecasting the optimal order quantity in the newsvendor model under a correlated demand," MPRA Paper 44189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laura Gonzalez Cabanillas & Alessio Terzi, 2012. "The accuracy of the European Commission's forecasts re-examined," European Economy - Economic Papers 476, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Kathryn M.E. Dominguez & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2013. "Forecasting the Recovery from the Great Recession: Is This Time Different?," NBER Working Papers 18751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laura Coroneo & Domenico Giannone & Michèle Modugno, 2013. "Unspanned Macroeconomic Factors in the Yields Curve," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-07, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Julia Schaumburg & Melanie Schienle, 2013. "Forecasting systemic impact in financial networks," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-008, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Carlos A. Medel & Sergio C. Salgado, 2012. "Does BIC Estimate and Forecast Better Than AIC?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 679, Central Bank of Chile.
- David Pacini, 2012. "Least Square Linear Prediction with Two-Sample Data," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 12/631, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bussière, M., 2013. "In Defense of Early Warning Signals," Working papers 420, Banque de France.