Report NEP-FOR-2011-11-07This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Thomas Lux & Leonardo Morales-Arias & Cristina Sattarhoff, 2011. "A Markov-switching Multifractal Approach to Forecasting Realized Volatility," Kiel Working Papers 1737, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Paulo Soares Esteves, 2011. "Direct vs bottom-up approach when forecasting GDP: reconciling literature results with institutional practice," Working Papers w201129, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Kenneth Beauchemin & Saeed Zaman, 2011. "A medium scale forecasting model for monetary policy," Working Paper 1128, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Tierney, Heather L.R., 2011. "Forecasting and tracking real-time data revisions in inflation persistence," MPRA Paper 34439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Pick, A. & Pranovich, M., 2011. "Optimal Forecasts in the Presence of Structural Breaks (Updated 14 November 2011)," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1163, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Legerstee, R. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Paap, R., 2011. "Do experts incorporate statistical model forecasts and should they?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2011-32, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Item repec:dgr:eureir:1765026656 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Joao Frois Caldeira & Guilherme Valle Moura & Marcelo Savino Portugal, 2011. "Efficient Interest Ratecurve Estimation And Forecasting In Brazil," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 133, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Nazarii Salish, 2011. "Modeling and Forecasting Interval Time Series with Threshold Models: An Application to S&P500 Index Returns," Working Papers w201128, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Piotr Białowolski, 2011. "Forecasting inflation with consumer survey data – application of multi-group confirmatory factor analysis to elimination of the general sentiment factor," NBP Working Papers 100, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Reimer, Kerstin & Albers, Sönke, 2011. "Modeling Repeat Purchases in the Internet when RFM Captures Past Influence of Marketing," EconStor Preprints 50730, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Ferraro, Domenico & Rogoff, Kenneth & Rossi, Barbara, 2011. "Can Oil Prices Forecast Exchange Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8635, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gozgor, Giray & Nokay, Pinar, 2011. "Comparing forecast performances among volatility estimation methods in the pricing of european type currency options of USD-TL and Euro-TL," MPRA Paper 34369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fresoli, Diego & Ruiz, Esther & Pascual, Lorenzo, 2011. "Bootstrap forecast of multivariate VAR models without using the backward representation," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws113426, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Item repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00636602 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Lundberg, Mattias & Jenpanitsub, Anchalee & Pyddoke, Roger, 2011. "Cost overruns in Swedish transport projects," Working papers in Transport Economics 2011:11, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Mumtaz, Haroon, 2011. "Estimating the impact of the volatility of shocks: a structural VAR approach," Bank of England working papers 437, Bank of England.
- Jonsson, Robert, 2011. "A Markov Chain Model for Analysing the Progression of Patient’s Health States," Research Reports 2011:6, Statistical Research Unit, Department of Economics, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg.