Report NEP-FOR-2005-08-13This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Helmut Luetkepohl, 2004. "Forecasting with VARMA Models," Economics Working Papers ECO2004/25, European University Institute.
- Zacharias Bragoudakis, 2005. "Assessing Forecast Performance in a VEC Model: An Empirical Examination," Econometrics 0507013, EconWPA.
- Catalin Starica & Stefano Herzel & Tomas Nord, 2005. "Why does the GARCH(1,1) model fail to provide sensible longer- horizon volatility forecasts?," Econometrics 0508003, EconWPA.
- Prasad Bidarkota & Khurshid M. Kiani, 2004. "No Predictable Components in G7 Stock Returns," Working Papers 0416, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Menzie Chinn & Jeffrey Frankel, 2005. "Will the Euro Eventually Surpass the Dollar as Leading International Reserve Currency?," NBER Working Papers 11510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ali al-Nowaihi & Sanjit Dhami, 2005. "Non-Linearities, Large Forecasters And Evidential Reasoning Under Rational Expectations," Discussion Papers in Economics 05/22, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Jean-Marc Burniaux & Romain Duval & Florence Jaumotte, 2004. "Coping with Ageing: A Dynamic Approach to Quantify the Impact of Alternative Policy Options on Future Labour Supply in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 371, OECD Publishing.
- Ferda HALICIOGLU, 2005. "Forecasting the Professional Team Sporting Events: Evidence from Euro 2000 and 2004 Football Tournaments," Industrial Organization 0508001, EconWPA.
- Steven C. Bourassa & Eva Cantoni & Martin Hoesli, 2005. "Spatial Dependence, Housing Submarkets, and House Prices," FAME Research Paper Series rp151, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Martin Smid, 2005. "Forecasting in Continuous Double Auction," Econometrics 0508002, EconWPA, revised 31 Dec 2005.