Report NEP-EDU-2020-04-27This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. NÃ¡dia SimÃµes issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Edmark, Karin & Persson, Lovisa, 2020. "The Impact of Attending An Independent Upper Secondary School: Evidence from Sweden Using School Ranking Data," Working Paper Series 2/2020, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Nishijima, Marislei & Pal, Sarmistha, 2020. "Do Compulsory Schooling Laws Always Work? A Study of Youth Crime in Brazilian Municipalities," IZA Discussion Papers 13097, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Shah, Chandra & Richardson, Paul & Watt, Helen, 2020. "Teaching ‘out of field’ in STEM subjects in Australia: Evidence from PISA 2015," GLO Discussion Paper Series 511, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Belzil, Christian & Maurel, Arnaud & Sidibé, Modibo, 2020. "Estimating the Value of Higher Education Financial Aid: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 13096, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Edmark, Karin & Hussain, Iftikhar & Haelermans, Carla, 2020. "The Impact of Voucher Schools: Evidence From Swedish Upper Secondary Schools," Working Paper Series 3/2020, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Marianne Haraldsvik & Bjarne Strøm, 2020. "Adult skills and labor market conditions during teenage years: Cross-country evidence from ALL and PIAAC," Working Paper Series 18520, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Ling Zhong, 2020. "The Labor Market Returns to Advanced Degrees," NBER Working Papers 26959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Barban & Elisabetta De Cao & Sonia Oreffice & Climent Quintana-Domeque, 2020. "Assortative mating on education: a genetic assessment," CHILD Working Papers Series 75 JEL Classification: D1, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Oskorouchi, Hamid R. & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Bloom, David E., 2020. "The Long-Term Cognitive and Schooling Effects of Childhood Vaccinations in China," IZA Discussion Papers 13106, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eric Bettinger & Robert W. Fairlie & Anastasia Kapuza & Elena Kardanova & Prashant Loyalka & Andrey Zakharov, 2020. "Does EdTech Substitute for Traditional Learning? Experimental Estimates of the Educational Production Function," NBER Working Papers 26967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nigel Burnell & Irina Cojuharenco & Zahra Murad, 2020. "He Taught, She Taught: The effect of teaching style, academic credentials, bias awareness and academic discipline on gender bias in teaching evaluations," Working Papers in Economics & Finance 2020-05, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Business School, Economics and Finance Subject Group.
- Cheti Nicoletti & Kjell G. Salvanes & Emma Tominey, 2020. "Mothers working during preschool years and child skills. Does income compensate?," CHILD Working Papers Series 76 JEL Classification: I2, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Hong, Kai & Savelyev, Peter A. & Tan, Kegon T.K., 2020. "Understanding the Mechanisms Linking College Education with Longevity," IZA Discussion Papers 13118, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).