Report NEP-EDU-2017-09-10This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. JoÃ£o Carlos Correia LeitÃ£o issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Smyth, Emer, 2017. "Working at a different level? Curriculum differentiation in Irish lower secondary education," Papers WP568, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Estrada, Ricardo & Gignoux, JÃ©rÃ©mie, 2017. "Benefits to Elite Schools and the Expected Returns to Education: Evidence from Mexico City," Research Department working papers 1017, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- TANAKA Ryuichi & ISHIZAKI Kazumi, 2017. "Do Teaching Practices Matter for Students' Academic Achievement? A case of linguistic activity," Discussion papers 17108, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Ganiev, Ibragim & Djanibekov, Nodir & Hasanov, Shavkat & Petrick, Martin, 2017.
"The state of doctoral research in Uzbekistan: Results of a survey of doctoral students in agricultural economics
[Der Stand von Promotionsvorhaben in Usbekistan: Ergebnisse einer Befragung von Dokt," IAMO Discussion Papers 164, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Emma Riley, 2017. "Role models in movies: the impact of Queen of Katwe on students’ educational attainment," CSAE Working Paper Series 2017-13, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Wegmarshaus, Gert-Rüdiger, 2017.
"Uzbekistan's higher education and research system: Main actors and recent reforms of doctoral graduation
[Das höhere Bildungs- Und Forschungssystem Usbekistans: Hauptakteure und kürzliche Reformen ," IAMO Discussion Papers 165, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Maya Escueta & Vincent Quan & Andre Joshua Nickow & Philip Oreopoulos, 2017. "Education Technology: An Evidence-Based Review," NBER Working Papers 23744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- INOUE Atsushi & TANAKA Ryuichi, 2017. "On the Effects of Teachers' Majors in Natural Science on Students' Academic Achievement in Science: An analysis of TIMSS data for Japan (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 17052, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Are The Services Delivered Employable? A Scenario Of Technical Education In Rural India," Post-Print hal-01483640, HAL.
- Danielle H. Sandler & Lisa Schulkind, 2016. "The Timing of Teenage Births: Estimating the Effect on High School Graduation and Later Life Outcomes," Working Papers 16-39r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Pierre André & Paul Maarek, 2017. "Education, social capital and political participation Evidence from school construction in Malian villages," THEMA Working Papers 2017-18, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Christian Krekel, 2017. "Can Raising Instructional Time Crowd Out Student Pro-Social Behaviour? Evidence From Germany," PSE Working Papers halshs-01578364, HAL.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "e-Promotion: A Revolution In Technical Education Evolution," Post-Print hal-01483672, HAL.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Approach to Employability Skills in Technical Education & its impact on satisfaction of selecting an Institute," Post-Print hal-01483675, HAL.
- John, June, 2017. "Gender differences and the effect of facing harder competition," MPRA Paper 81072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2016. "By The People For The People: People's Influence On Students In Selecting Technical Educational Institute," Post-Print hal-01483632, HAL.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Promoting an Institute: An essential obligation for Technical Education Evolution," Post-Print hal-01483610, HAL.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Only Education Is Not Enough: A Necessity Of All-Inclusive Services For Technical Education," Post-Print hal-01483615, HAL.
- Arozamena, Leandro & Ruffo, HernÃ¡n, 2016. "Education, Signaling and Mismatch," Research Department working papers 916, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Engineering a Woman: Marketing Opportunities and Challenges in India," Post-Print hal-01484219, HAL.
- Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline, 2017. "Excluded Generation: The Growing Challenges of Labor Market Insertion for Egyptian Youth," GLO Discussion Paper Series 110, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Duque, Valentina & Rosales-Rueda, MarÃa & SÃ¡nchez, Fabio, 2016. "Integrating Early-life Shocks and Human Capital Investments on ChildrenÂ´s Education," Research Department working papers 955, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Estrada, Ricardo, 2017. "Rules vs. Discretion in Public Service: Teacher Hiring in Mexico," Research Department working papers 1083, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Böhlmark, Anders & Willén, Alexander, 2017. "Tipping and the effects of segregation," Working Paper Series 2017:14, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Angela Greulich & Grégory Ponthière, 2017. "Education, labour, and the demographic consequences of birth postponement in Europe," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01509665, HAL.
- CortÃ©s, Darwin & Attanassio, Orazio & Gallego, Juan & Maldonado, DarÃo & RodrÃguez, Paul & Charpak, Nathalie & Tessier, Rejean & Ruiz, Juan Gabriel & HernÃ¡ndez, Tiberio & Uriza, Felipe, 2016. "The Effect of the Kangaroo Mother Care Program (KMC) on Wages: A structural Model," Research Department working papers 915, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Estrada, Ricardo, 2017. "The Effect of the Increasing Demand for Elite Schools on Stratification," Research Department working papers 1065, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Amal A. Al Hila & Mazen J. Al Shobaki, 2017. "The Role Of Servant Leadership In Achieving Excellence Performance In Technical Colleges-Provinces Of Gaza Strip," Post-Print hal-01571279, HAL.
- Mazen J. Al Shobaki & Samy S. Abu Naser & Tarek M. Ammar, 2017. "The Degree of Administrative Transparency in the Palestinian Higher Educational Institutions," Post-Print hal-01509031, HAL.
- Mazen J. Al Shobaki & Samy S. Abu Naser, 2017. "Usage Degree of the Capabilities of Decision Support System in Al-Aqsa University of Gaza," Post-Print hal-01509458, HAL.
- Samy S. Abu Naser & Mazen J. Al Shobaki, 2017. "Organizational Excellence and the Extent of Its Clarity in the Palestinian Universities from the Perspective of Academic Staff," Post-Print hal-01522415, HAL.