Report NEP-EDU-2005-05-23This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Scott L. Baier & Sean Mulholland & Chad Turner & Robert Tamura, 2004. "Income and education of the states of the United States: 1840–2000," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Igal Hendel & Joel Shapiro & Paul S. Willen, 2004. "Educational opportunity and income inequality," Public Policy Discussion Paper 04-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Patricia M. Anderson & Kristin F. Butcher, 2004. "Reading, writing, and raisinets: are school finances contributing to children’s obesity?," Working Paper Series WP-04-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 2005. "Do returns to schooling differ by race and ethnicity?," Working Paper Series WP-05-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Güngör, Nil Demet & Tansel, Aysit, 2005. "The Determinants of Return Intentions of Turkish Students and Professionals Residing Abroad: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 1598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schiff, Maurice, 2005. "Brain Gain: Claims about Its Size and Impact on Welfare and Growth Are Greatly Exaggerated," IZA Discussion Papers 1599, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benjamin F. Jones, 2005. "The Burden of Knowledge and the 'Death of the Renaissance Man': Is Innovation Getting Harder?," NBER Working Papers 11360, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- P Nair & Deepak Kumar, 2005. "The Financing of Higher Education – A Broader View," Finance 0505015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Karamat Ali, 2005. "Who Are Schooled in Urban Pakistan?," HEW 0505003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Hainmueller & Michael J. Hiscox, 2005. "Learning to Love Globalization? Education and Individual Attitudes Toward International Trade," International Trade 0505011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Hainmueller & Michael J. Hiscox, 2005. "Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe," Others 0505013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ross Rubenstein & Lawrence Miller, 2005. "Allocating Resources within a Big City School District: New York City after Campaign for Fiscal Equity v. New York," Center for Policy Research Policy Briefs 31, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Orley Ashenfelter & William J. Collins & Albert Yoon, 2005. "Evaluating the Role of Brown vs. Board of Education in School Equalization, Desegregation, and the Income of African Americans," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0515, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Amy Y.C. Liu, 2005. "Changing wage structure and education in Vietnam 1993-1998: The roles of demand," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec05-4, International and Development Economics.