Report NEP-BAN-2019-08-12This is the archive for NEP-BAN, a report on new working papers in the area of Banking. Christian CalmÃ¨s issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Galina Hale & Tumer Kapan & Camelia Minoiu, 2019. "Shock Transmission through Cross-Border Bank Lending: Credit and Real Effects," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-052, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Fontana, Silvia Dalla & Holz auf der Heide, Marco & Pelizzon, Loriana & Scheicher, Martin, 2019. "The anatomy of the euro area interest rate swap market," SAFE Working Paper Series 255, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Elena Carletti & Roberto Marquez & Silvio Petriconi, 2018. "The redistributive effects of bank capital regulation," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 18102, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Stefan Gebauer & Falk Mazelis, 2019. "Macroprudential Regulation and Leakage to the Shadow Banking Sector," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1814, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Firano, Zakaria & Filali adib, Fatine, 2018.
"Prevision des difficultes bancaires : un modele d'alerte precoce pour le cas du maroc
[Prediction of banking difficulties: an early warning model for moroccan banking system]," MPRA Paper 95165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Behn, Markus & Mangiante, Giacomo & Parisi, Laura & Wedow, Michael, 2019. "Behind the scenes of the beauty contest: window dressing and the G-SIB framework," Working Paper Series 2298, European Central Bank.
- Nicolas Reigl & Lenno Uuskula, 2019. "Alternative frameworks for measuring credit gaps and setting countercyclical capital buffers," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2018-07, Bank of Estonia, revised 23 Jan 2019.
- Mungiria, James & Ondabu, Ibrahim, 2019. "Role of Credit Reference Bureau On Financial Intermediation: Evidence from The Commercial Banks in Kenya," MPRA Paper 95050, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yavuz Arslan & Ahmet Degerli & Gazi Kabaş, 2019. "Unintended consequences of unemployment insurance benefits: the role of banks," BIS Working Papers 795, Bank for International Settlements.
- Levina, Iren & Sturrock, Robert & Varadi, Alexandra & Wallis, Gavin, 2019. "Modelling the distribution of mortgage debt," Bank of England working papers 808, Bank of England.
- Huljak, Ivan & Martin, Reiner & Moccero, Diego, 2019. "The cost-efficiency and productivity growth of euro area banks," Working Paper Series 2305, European Central Bank.
- Tatiana Damjanovic & Vladislav Damjanovic & Charles Nolan, 2019. "Default, Bailouts and the Vertical Structure of Financial Intermediaries," Working Papers 2019_04, Durham University Business School.
- Jonathan Swarbrick, 2019. "Lending Standards, Productivity and Credit Crunches," Staff Working Papers 19-25, Bank of Canada.
- Larsson, Bo & Wijkander, Hans, 2019. "Banking, Capital Regulation, Risk and Dynamics," Research Papers in Economics 2019:4, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Xuehai Zhang, 2019. "Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall under General Semi-parametric GARCH models," Working Papers CIE 123, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Looney, Adam & Yannelis, Constantine, 2019. "The Consequences of Student Loan Credit Expansions: Evidence from Three Decades of Default Cycles," Working Papers 19-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Pavla Klepková Vodová, 2019. "Determinants of Liquidity in Selected CEE Countries," Working Papers 0067, Silesian University, School of Business Administration.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun QJ Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2018. "Improving Access to Banking: Evidence from Kenya," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 18104, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Elizabeth Jane Casabianca & Michele Catalano & Lorenzo Forni & Elena Giarda & Simone Passeri, 2019. "An Early Warning System for banking crises: From regression-based analysis to machine learning techniques," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0235, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- AAlessio Reghezza & Jonathan Williams & Alessio Bongiovanni & Riccardo Santamaria, 2019. "Do Negative Interest Rates Affect Bank Risk-Taking?," Working Papers 19012, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Alarcon-Molina, Jose & Espinosa-Cristia, Juan Felipe, 2019. "Trust and Agency Redistribution in CajaVecina's Payment Ecosystem," Working Papers 19015, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Fiedor, Paweł & Killeen, Neill, 2019. "Securisation special purpose entities, bank sponsors and derivatives," ESRB Working Paper Series 99, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Feixue Gong & Gregory Phelan, 2019. "Debt Collateralization, Capital Structure, and Maximal Leverage," Department of Economics Working Papers 2019-07, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Jul 2019.
- Martinez-Miera, David & Repullo, Rafael, 2019. "Monetary policy, macroprudential policy, and financial stability," Working Paper Series 2297, European Central Bank.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jiri Slacalek & Martin Sommer, 2019. "Dissecting Saving Dynamics: Measuring Wealth, Precautionary, and Credit Effects," NBER Working Papers 26131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jung, Alexander & Uhlig, Harald, 2019. "Monetary policy shocks and the health of banks," Working Paper Series 2303, European Central Bank.
- Paul Henri Mathieu & Marco Pani & Shiyuan Chen & Rodolfo Maino, 2019. "Drivers of Cross-Border Banking in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 19/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Sigitas Siaudinis, 2019. "Digital Currencies and Central Banking: A Sense of Déjà Vu," Bank of Lithuania Occasional Paper Series 26, Bank of Lithuania.
- Agiropoulos, Charalampos & Karkalakos, Sotiris & Polemis, Michael, 2019. "Revisiting the finance-growth nexus: A socioeconomic approach," MPRA Paper 95209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ata Can Bertay & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Harry Huizinga, 2019. "Are international banks different? Evidence on bank performance and strategy," BIS Working Papers 790, Bank for International Settlements.
- Stefan Avdjiev & Paolo Giudici & Alessandro Spelta, 2019. "Measuring contagion risk in international banking," BIS Working Papers 796, Bank for International Settlements.
- Panagiota Papadimitri & Ansgar Wohlschlegel, 2019. "Lobbying, Regulatory Enforcement and Corporate Governance: Theory and Evidence from Regulatory Enforcement Actions against US Banks," Working Papers in Economics & Finance 2019-08, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Business School, Economics and Finance Subject Group.
- Sangyup Choi & Davide Furceri & Chansik Yoon, 2019. "International Fiscal-financial Spillovers: The Effect of Fiscal Shocks on Cross-border Bank Lending," IMF Working Papers 19/150, International Monetary Fund.
- Thiago Christiano Silva & Solange Maria Guerra & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2019. "Fiscal Risk and Financial Fragility," Working Papers Series 495, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Lewis Gaul & Jonathan Jones & Pinar Uysal, 2019. "Forecasting High-Risk Composite CAMELS Ratings," International Finance Discussion Papers 1252, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berentsen, Aleksander & Markheim, Marina, 2019. "Peer-to-Peer Lending, Joint Liability and Financial Inclusion with Altruistic Investors," MPRA Paper 94963, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Jul 2019.
- Simplice A. Asongu & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2018. "Size, Efficiency, Market Power, and Economies of Scale in the African Banking Sector," Research Africa Network Working Papers 18/056, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Jakob Fiedler & Josef Ruzicka & Thomas Theobald, 2019. "The Real-Time Information Content of Financial Stress and Bank Lending on European Business Cycles," IMK Working Paper 198-2019, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- DJOUFOUET, Wulli Faustin, 2018.
"Statuts juridiques, gouvernance et performance des institutions de microfinance au Cameroun
[Legal status, governance and performance of microfinance institutions in Cameroon]," MPRA Paper 93424, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Feb 2019.
- Aikman, David & Chichkanov, Pavel & Douglas, Graeme & Georgiev, Yordan & Howat, James & King, Benjamin, 2019. "System-wide stress simulation," Bank of England working papers 809, Bank of England.