Report NEP-AFR-2014-01-24This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Fadia Al Hajj & Gilles Dufr??not, & Kimiko Sugimoto & Romain Wolf, 2013. "Reactions to Shocks and Monetary Policy Regimes: Inflation Targeting Versus Flexible Currency Board in Ghana, South Africa and the WAEMU," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1062, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Monchuk, Victoria, 2013. "Poverty reduction and investing in people : the new role of safety nets in Africa experiences from 22 countries," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 83911, The World Bank.
- Douglas, J., 2013. "Response to “PEPFAR Program Expenditures” [Form Number: DS-4213, OMB Control Number: 1405-0208] – Third Revision," MPRA Paper 53003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phiri, Andrew & Dube, Wisdom, 2014. "Nutrition and economic growth in South Africa: A momentum threshold autoregressive (MTAR) approach," MPRA Paper 52950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Di Corato, Luca & Hess, Sebastian, 2013. "Farmland Investments in Africa: What’s the Deal?," Working Paper Series 2013:10, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2014. "Asymmetric co-integration and causality effects between financial development and economic growth in South Africa," MPRA Paper 53055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bloom, David E. & Humair, Salal & Rosenberg, Larry & Sevilla, J.P. & Trussell, James, 2013. "A Demographic Dividend for Sub-Saharan Africa: Source, Magnitude, and Realization," IZA Discussion Papers 7855, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Zaouali, Amira, 2014. "Terms of Trade Instability, Economic Vulnerability and Economic Growth: The Role Of Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 52939, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sara Sultan Balbuena, 2014. "State-owned Enterprises in Southern Africa: A Stocktaking of Reforms and Challenges," OECD Corporate Governance Working Papers 13, OECD Publishing.
- Gunther Bensch, 2013. "Inside the Metrics – An Empirical Comparison of Energy Poverty Indices for Sub-Saharan Countries," Ruhr Economic Papers 0464, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Alessandro Tarozzi & Jaikishan Desai & Kristin Johnson, 2013. "On the impact of microcredit: Evidence from a randomized intervention in rural Ethiopia," Economics Working Papers 1407, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Mpakati Gama, Elvis & McPake, Barbara & Newlands, David, 2013. "The implication of contracting out health care services: The case of service level agreements in Malawi," MPRA Paper 52980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jane Korinek, 2014. "Export Restrictions on Raw Materials: Experience with Alternative Policies in Botswana," OECD Trade Policy Papers 163, OECD Publishing.
- Raymond P. Guiteras & B. Kelsey Jack, 2014. "Incentives, Selection and Productivity in Labor Markets: Evidence from Rural Malawi," NBER Working Papers 19825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frédéric AUBERY & Francesca MARCHETTA & Aurore PELISSIER & David SAHN & Catalina HERRERA ALMANZA & Harivelo RAJEMISON & Faly RAKOTOMANANA & Kira VILLA, 2013. "MADAGASCAR YOUNG ADULT TRANSITIONS SURVEY - Preliminary Descriptive Results," Working Papers 201323, CERDI.