Report NEP-AFR-2013-08-31This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Giscard Assoumou Ella, 2013. "The viability of an economic and monetary union in Africa with a unified currency: evidence from the African economies' reactions to the international income, price and monetary shocks," Working Papers hal-00851594, HAL.
- Thiombiano, Lardia Marcel, 2013.
"Essai sur le système financier: une analyse du marché du crédit en Afrique Subsaharienne
[Essay on the financial system: an analysis of credit market in Sub-Saharan Africa]," MPRA Paper 49011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika, 2013. "Adult Mortality, AIDS and Fertility in Rural Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 570, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Brixiova, Zuzana & Ncube, Mthuli, 2013. "Entrepreneurship and the Business Environment in Africa: An Application to Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 7553, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Isaksson, Ann-Sofie, 2013. "Corruption along ethnic lines: A study of individual corruption experiences in 17 African countries," Working Papers in Economics 571, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Margaret S. McMillan & William A. Masters & Harounan Kazianga, 2013. "Disease Control, Demographic Change and Institutional Development in Africa," Economics Working Paper Series 1302, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & John P. Dunne & Rangan Gupta & Renee van Eyden, 2013. "Military Expenditure, Economic Growth and Structural Instability: A Case Study of South Africa," Working Papers 201344, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Isabel Günther & Kenneth Harttgen, 2013. "Desired Fertility and Children Born across Time and Space," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 144, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Richard Akresh & Damien de Walque & Harounan Kazianga, 2013. "Cash Transfers and Child Schooling: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation of the Role of Conditionality," Economics Working Paper Series 1301, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Naudé, Wim & Szirmai, Adam & Lavopa, Alejandro, 2013. "Industrialization Lessons from BRICS: A Comparative Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7543, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Sjö, Bo & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2013. "The Causal Nexus between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Kenya," MPRA Paper 49262, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Aug 2013.
- Kambale Mirembe, Omer, 2013. "RD Congo : une croissance sans développement?," IOB Working Papers 2013.06, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Fontoura, Maria P. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Trade Performance of the Less Developed African Countries," MPRA Paper 49193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holger Görg & Adnan Seric, 2013. "With a little help from my friends: Supplying to multinationals, buying from multinationals, and domestic firm performance," Kiel Working Papers 1867, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Kida, Mizuho, 2013. "Fiscal sustainability in Burundi : baseline projections, stochastic simulations, and policy scenarios," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6581, The World Bank.