Report NEP-AFR-2013-01-26This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "Software piracy, inequality and the poor: evidence from Africa," MPRA Paper 43860, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mustafa Yavuz Cakir and Alain Kabundi, 2013. "Business Cycle Co-movements between South Africa and the BRIC Countries," Working Papers 324, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Shen, Xiaofang, 2013. "Private Chinese investment in Africa : myths and realities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6311, The World Bank.
- Paul Collier & Anthony J. Venables, 2013. "Housing and Urbanization in Africa: unleashing a formal market process," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-01, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2013.
"Esclavagisme et colonisation : Quelles conséquences contemporaines en Afrique ? - Résumé critique des travaux de l'économiste Nathan Nunn
[Slavery and colonization: What contemporary consequences i," MPRA Paper 43732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harrison,Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu,L. Colin, 2013. "Explaining Africa's (Dis)advantage," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6316, The World Bank.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2013.
"Poor Numbers: explanation of Africa's statistical tragedy
[Pauvreté de chiffres : explication de la tragédie statistique africaine]," MPRA Paper 43734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moussa Diaby & Hélène Ferrer & Fabrice Valognes, 2013. "A Social Choice Approach to Primary Resource Management: The rubber tree Case in Africa," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201305, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Assa, Maganga, 2012. "Poultry production and rural poverty among small-scale farmers in Mzimba District of Malawi," MPRA Paper 43964, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2012.
- Aladejare, Samson Adeniyi, 2013. "Government spending and economic growth: evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 43916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mare Sarr and Mintewab Bezabih, 2013. "Risk Preferences and Environmental Uncertainty: Implications for Crop Diversification Decisions in Ethiopia," Working Papers 322, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Alexander Moradi, Gareth Austin and Jorg Baten, 2013. "Heights and Development in a Cash-Crop Colony: Living Standards in Ghana, 1870-1980," Working Papers 325, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Simon, Michael & Tsegai, Daniel W. & Flessa, Steffen, 2012. "Intersectoral Health Action in Tanzania – Determinants and Policy Implications," Discussion Papers 142395, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Demombynes, Gabriel & Gubbins, Paul & Romeo, Alessandro, 2013. "Challenges and opportunities of mobile phone-based data collection : evidence from South Sudan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6321, The World Bank.