Report NEP-AFR-2011-05-30This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Francois Vaillancourt, 2011. "The Taxation of Gambling In Africa," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1110, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Geyer, M. & Coetzee, H.C. & Plessis, D. du & Donaldson, R., 2011. "Recent business transformation in intermediate-sized cities in South-Africa," Serie Research Memoranda 0005, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Julius Agbor, 2011. "Does School Education Reduce the Likelihood of Societal Conflict in Africa?," Working Papers 218, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fiona Tregenna, 2011. "What are the Distributional Implications of Halving Poverty in South Africa when Growth Alone is not Enough?," Working Papers 215, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Rania Antonopoulos & Kijong Kim, 2011. "Public Job-creation Programs: The Economic Benefits of Investing in Social Care. Case Studies in South Africa and the United States," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_671, Levy Economics Institute.
- Senbeta, Sisay, 2011. "How applicable are the new keynesian DSGE models to a typical low-income economy?," MPRA Paper 30931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Manasoe & Ronald Mears, 2011. "Aftercare of inward foreign direct investment: A case study of South Africa," Working Papers 216, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Matthias Rieger, 2011. "HIV/AIDS and Conflict: Micro Evidence from Burundi," IHEID Working Papers 11-2011, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Fleur Wouterse, 2011. "Continental vs. Intercontinental Migration: An Empirical Analysis of the Impacts of Immigration Reforms on Burkina Faso," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 299, OECD Publishing.
- Lacina Balma & W. Francine Alida Ilboudo & Adama Attara & Roméo Kabore & Kassoum Zerbo & T. Samuel Kabore, 2011. "Dépenses publiques d'éducation et pauvreté au Burkina Faso: une approche en Équilibre Général Calculable," Working Papers MPIA 2011-04, PEP-MPIA.
- Harold Ngalawa & Nicola Viegi, 2011. "Dynamic Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks in Malawi," Working Papers 217, Economic Research Southern Africa.