Modern cities: their role and their private planning roots
In: Cities and Private Planning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- William Easterly, 2008. "Institutions: Top Down or Bottom Up?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 95-99, May.
- Börje Johansson & John Quigley, 2003.
"Agglomeration and networks in spatial economies,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 165-176, October.
- Johansson, BÃ¶rje & Quigley, John M., 2004. "Agglomeration and Networks in Spatial Economies," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt6g49t7n4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Randall G. Holcombe, 2004. "The New Urbanism Versus the Market Process," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 17(2_3), pages 285-300, June.
- Peter Gordon & Wendell Cox, 2012. "Cities In Western Europe and The United States: Do Policy Differences Matter?," Working Paper 8956, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- John Sender, 1999. "Africa's Economic Performance: Limitations of the Current Consensus," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 89-114, Summer.
- Peter Gordon & Wendell Cox, 2012. "Cities in Western Europe and the United States: do policy differences matter?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(2), pages 565-594, April.
- Bruce W. Hamilton, 1975. "Zoning and Property Taxation in a System of Local Governments," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 12(2), pages 205-211, June.
- Meltzer, Rachel, 2011. "“Clean and Safe” for All? The Interaction Betweeen Business Improvement Districts and Local Government in the Provision of Public Goods," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 64(3), pages 863-889, September.
- Fred E. Foldvary, 1994. "Public Goods And Private Communities," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 167.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics and Finance; Urban and Regional Studies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:15788_8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .