Michael Alan Williams
Competition Economics LLC (Michael A. Williams)http://www.competitioneconomics.com
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Klumpp, Tilman & Mialon, Hugo M. & Williams, Michael A., 2017. "The Voting Rights of Ex-Felons and Election Outcomes in the United States," Working Papers 2017-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Klumpp, Tilman & Mialon, Hugo & Williams, Michael, 2012. "Matching Funds in Public Campaign Finance," Working Papers 2012-20, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Klumpp, Tilman & Mialon, Hugo & Williams, Michael, 2012. "Money Talks: The Impact of Citizens United on State Elections," Working Papers 2012-18, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2012.
- Jiong Gong & Preston McAfee & Michael A Williams, 2011. "Fraud Cycles," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000001154, David K. Levine.
- Pingping Shan & Guofu Tan & Simon Wilkie & Michael Williams, 2012. "China’s Anti-Monopoly Law: What is the Welfare Standard?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 41(1), pages 31-52, August.
- Reny, Philip J. & Wilkie, Simon J. & Williams, Michael A., 2012. "Tax incidence under imperfect competition: Comment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 399-402.
- Doane, Michael J. & McAfee, R. Preston & Nayyar, Ashish & Williams, Michael A., 2008. "Interpreting concentration indices in the secondary market for natural gas transportation: The implication of pipeline residual rights," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 807-817, May.
- David S. Sibley & Michael J. Doane & Michael A. Williams & Shu-Yi Tsai, 2004. "Pricing Access to a Monopoly Input," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(4), pages 541-555, October.
- Preston R. Fee & Hugo M. Mialon & Michael A. Williams, 2004. "What Is a Barrier to Entry?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 461-465, May.
- Dennis Weisman & Michael Williams, 2001. "The Costs and Benefits of Long-Distance Entry: Regulation and Non-Price Discrimination," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 18(3), pages 275-282, May.
- Michael Williams, 1997. "Book Reviews," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 485-493.
- Michael Williams, 1997. "Book Reviews," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 78-84.
- McAfee, R Preston & Williams, Michael A, 1992. "Horizontal Mergers and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 181-187, June.
- McAfee, R Preston & Simons, Joseph J & Williams, Michael A, 1992. "Horizontal Mergers in Spatially Differentiated Noncooperative Markets," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 349-358, December.
- Williams, Michael A. & de Silva, Harindra & Koehn, Michael F. & Ornstein, Stanley I., 1991. "Why did so many savings and loans go bankrupt?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 61-66, May.
- Werden, Gregory J. & Williams, Michael A., 1989. "Can the concentration-collusion hypothesis be refuted empirically?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 253-257, September.
- McAfee, R. Preston & Williams, Michael A., 1988. "Can event studies detect anticompetitive mergers?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 199-203.
- Williams, Michael A. & Baumann, Michael G., 1988. "Output-inflation tradeoffs in 34 countries: Comment," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 97-101, February.
- Williams, Michael A. & Joskow, Andrew S. & Johnson, Richard L. & Hurdle, Gloria J., 1987. "Explaining and predicting airline yields with non-parametric regression trees," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 99-105.
- Williams, Michael A. & Baumann, Michael G., 1986. "International evidence on output-inflation tradeoffs : A bootstrap analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 149-153.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 4 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Michael Alan Williams should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.