Robert E. Litan
|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
|Bloomberg Government 1101 K St, NW, 5th Floor Washington, DC 20037|
Brookings InstitutionWashington, District of Columbia (United States)
1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036-2188
RePEc:edi:brookus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters Books
- Robert Dugger & Robert Litan, 2012. "Early Childhood "Pay-For-Success" Social Impact Finance: A PKSE Bond Example to Increase School Readiness and Reduce Special Education Costs," Working Papers 2012-007, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Litan, Robert E., 2010. "In Defense of Much, but Not All, Financial Innovation," Working Papers 10-06, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Robert E. Litan, 2005. "Making regulation work for consumers and banks," Proceedings 973, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Robert E. Litan & Carl Shapiro, 2003.
"Antitrust Policy During the Clinton Administration,"
Law and Economics
0303003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Litan, Robert E. & Shapiro, Carl, 2001. "Antitrust Policy During the Clinton Administration," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt45r5r72p, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Lori G. Kletzer & Robert E. Litan, 2001. "A Prescription to Relieve Worker Anxiety," Policy Briefs PB01-02, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Robert E. Litan, 1994. "The relative decline of banking: should we care?," Proceedings 16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Robert E. Litan, 1991. "Short and long snapshots of the U.S. banking industry," Proceedings 308, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Robert E. Litan, 1988. "The future of banking: are \\"narrow\\" banks the answer?," Proceedings 219, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Litan Robert & Singer Hal J, 2010. "Net Neutrality Is Bad Broadband Regulation," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-5, September.
- Robert E. Litan, 2009. "Comment on Bell Article," Journal of Prediction Markets, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 3(1), pages 111-112, April.
- Litan Robert E, 2009. "Whither Financial Reform?," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 6(11), pages 1-5, November.
- Robert J. Strom & Carl J. Schramm & Robert E. Litan & William J. Baumol, 2008. "Imprenditorialità innovativa: quali politiche per il sostegno della crescita economica?," ARGOMENTI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(23), pages 5-32.
- Hahn Robert W. & Litan Robert E., 2007. "The President's New Executive Order on Regulation," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-4, March.
- Baumol William J. & Litan Robert E & Schramm Carl J, 2007. "Sustaining Entrepreneurial Capitalism," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-38, November.
- Robert E. Litan & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2006. "Panel discussion: what is the appropriate role of the federal government in the private markets for credit and insurance? what is the outlook?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue jul, pages 387-396.
- Robert W. Hahn & Robert E. Litan, 2005. "Counting Regulatory Benefits and Costs: Lessons for the US and Europe," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 473-508, June.
- Robert E. Litan & Alice M. Rivlin, 2001. "Projecting the Economic Impact of the Internet," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 313-317, May.
- Robert E. Litan, 1997. "Institutions and policies for maintaining financial stability," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 257-297.
- Robert Litan, 1995. "Comments on: Rewriting History: the Early Sherman Act Monopolization Cases and Riding the Wave: Exclusionary Practices in Markets for Microprocessors Used In IBM-Compatible Personal Computers," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 291-295.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Robert E. Litan, 1993. "Prepared discussant comments," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 131-146.
- Robert E. Litan, 1992. "Banks and real estate: regulating the unholy alliance," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 187-229.
- Litan, Robert E, 1991. "The Safety and Innovation Effects of U.S. Liability Law: The Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 59-64, May.
- R. Dan Brumbaugh & Robert E. Litan, 1991. "Ignoring Economics In Dealing With The Savings And Loan And Commercial Banking Crisis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(1), pages 36-53, January.
- R. Dan Brumbaugh, JR. & Andrew S. Carron & Robert E. Litan, 1989. "Cleaning Up the Depository Institutions Mess," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 243-296.
- Litan, Robert E., 1988. "Electronic funds transfers and payments: The policy issues : Elinor Soloman, Ed., (Kluwer, Boston, 1987) pp. xi + 244," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 396-399.
- Robert E. Litan, 1988. "Reuniting Investment and Commcrcial Banking," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 7(3), pages 803-821, Winter.
- Robert Z. Lawrence & Robert E. Litan, 1987. "The Protectionist Prescription: Errors in Diagnosis and Cure," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(1), pages 289-310.
- Robert E. Litan & William D. Nordhaus, 1986. "Comments on Mendeloff's “regulatory reform and OSHA policy”," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 476-481.
- Robert E. Litan & Lesa Mitchell & E. J. Reedy, 2008. "Commercializing University Innovations: Alternative Approaches," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 8, pages 31-57, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Litan & William Isaac & William Taylor, 1994. "Financial Regulation," NBER Chapters, in: American Economic Policy in the 1980s, pages 519-572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benston, George J. & Bromwich, Michael & Litan, Robert E. & Wagenhofer, Alfred, 2006. "Worldwide Financial Reporting: The Development and Future of Accounting Standards," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195305838.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 2 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Robert E. Litan should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.