|Department of Economics California State University, Long Beach 1250 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, CA 90840-4607|
|Terminal Degree:||1996 Department of Economics; University of North Carolina-Chapel-Hill (from RePEc Genealogy)|
Department of Economics Long Beach, California (United States)
California State University-Long Beach
RePEc:edi:decslus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Noel D., Johnson & William, Ruger & Jason, Sorens & Steven, Yamarik, 2012. "Corruption as a response to regulation," MPRA Paper 36873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johnson, Noel D & Matthew, Mitchell & Yamarik, Steven, 2012. "Pick Your Poison: Do Politicians Regulate When They Can’t Spend?," MPRA Paper 37430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steven Yamarik & Sucharita Ghosh, 2015. "Broad versus regional integration: what matters more for economic development?," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 43-75, February.
- Donald Lien & Sucharita Ghosh & Steven Yamarik, 2014. "Does the Confucius institute impact international travel to China? A panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(17), pages 1985-1995, June.
- Noel Johnson & William Ruger & Jason Sorens & Steven Yamarik, 2014. "Corruption, regulation, and growth: an empirical study of the United States," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 51-69, February.
- Steven Yamarik, 2013. "State-Level Capital And Investment: Updates And Implications," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(1), pages 62-72, January.
- Ojede, Andrew & Yamarik, Steven, 2012. "Tax policy and state economic growth: The long-run and short-run of it," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 161-165.
- Noel Johnson & Courtney LaFountain & Steven Yamarik, 2011. "Corruption is bad for growth (even in the United States)," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 377-393, June.
- Yamarik, Steven & Ghosh, Sucharita, 2011. "Is natural openness or trade policy good for the environment?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 657-684, December.
- Steven Yamarik, 2011. "Human capital and state-level economic growth: what is the contribution of schooling?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(1), pages 195-211, August.
- Yamarik Steven J & Johnson Noel D & Compton Ryan A, 2010. "War! What Is It Good For? A Deep Determinants Analysis of the Cost of Interstate Conflict," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-35, September.
- Yamarik Steven J, 2008. "Estimating Returns to Schooling from State-Level Data: A Macro-Mincerian Approach," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Sucharita Ghosh & Steven Yamarik, 2007. "International Trade, Technology, and the Wage Gap: Evidence from Granger-causality Tests," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 321-346, May.
- Steven Yamarik, 2007. "Does Cooperative Learning Improve Student Learning Outcomes?," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 259-277, July.
- Ghosh, S. & Yamarik, S., 2006. "Do Regional Trading Arrangements Harm the Environment?. An Analysis of 162 Countries in 1990," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(2).
- Steven Yamarik, 2006. "Solow and the states: New evidence," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 571-582.
- Ghosh, Sucharita & Yamarik, Steven, 2004. "Does trade creation measure up? A reexamination of the effects of regional trading arrangements," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 213-219, February.
- Ghosh, Sucharita & Yamarik, Steven, 2004. "Are regional trading arrangements trade creating?: An application of extreme bounds analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 369-395, July.
- Gasper A. Garofalo & Steven Yamarik, 2002. "Regional Convergence: Evidence From A New State-By-State Capital Stock Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 316-323, May.
- Yamarik, Steven, 2001. "Nonlinear Tax Structures and Endogenous Growth," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(1), pages 16-30, January.
- Yamarik, Steven, 2000. "Can tax policy help explain state-level macroeconomic growth?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 211-215, August.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 2 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Steven Yamarik should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.