Collective Bargaining and Wage Formation - Performance and Challenges
This volume considers the development of the wage formation and wage bargaining institutions as a response to changes in the bargaining environment. These changes include a lower level of inflation and the growth in intraindustrial trade as firms have become more specialised. The response to these changes will depend on the current institutions and on the characteristics of the bargaining system. Generally there has been some move towards decentralisation; the question is what should be bargained centrally and which issues should be transferred to lower levels. Some of the contributions pay special attention to Nordic regimes using survey results gathered from the Finnish labour market partners.
|This book is provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series ETLA A with number 39 and published in .|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Lönnrotinkatu 4 B, FIN-00120 HELSINKI|
Phone: +358 (0)9 609 900
Fax: +358 (0)9 601 753
Web page: http://www.etla.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steinar Holden, 2001.
"Does Price Stability Exacerbate Labour Market Rigidities in the EMU?,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 403-418, December.
- Holden,S., 2001. "Does price stability exacerbate labour market rigidities in the EMU?," Memorandum 10/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Andersen, Torben M. & Skaksen, Jan Rose, 2003. "Product Market Integration, Comparative Advantages and Labour Market Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 698, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andersen, Torben M. & Skaksen , Jan Rose, 2006. "Product Market Integration, Comparative Advantages and Labour Market Performance," Working Papers 08-2004, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Agell, Jonas & Lundborg, Per, 1995. " Theories of Pay and Unemployment: Survey Evidence from Swedish Manufacturing Firms," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(2), pages 295-307, June.
- Agell, J. & Lundborg, P., 1992. "Theories of Pay and Unemployment: Survey Evidence from Swedish Manufacturing Firms," Papers 1993-8, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Agell, Jonas & Lundborg, Per, 1993. "Theories of Pay and Unemployment: Survey Evidence from Swedish Manufacturing Firms," Working Paper Series 380, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Holden, Steinar, 1994. "Wage bargaining and nominal rigidities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1021-1039, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:abooks:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.