Is There a Presidential Election Cycle in Firm Financials?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Ray Sturm, 2009. "The 'other' January effect and the presidential election cycle," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(17), pages 1355-1363.
- Gili Yen & Cheng-few Lee, 2008. "Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH): Past, Present and Future," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(02), pages 305-329.
- Booth, James R. & Booth, Lena Chua, 2003. "Is presidential cycle in security returns merely a reflection of business conditions?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 131-159.
- Ron Bird & Daniel Choi & Danny Yeung, 2014.
"Market uncertainty, market sentiment, and the post-earnings announcement drift,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 45-73, July.
- Ron Bird & Daniel Choi & Danny Yeung, 2011. "Market Uncertainty and Sentiment, and the Post-Earnings Announcement Drift," Working Paper Series 15, The Paul Woolley Centre for Capital Market Dysfunctionality, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Xiaofeng Zhao & Kartono Liano & William G. Hardin, 2004. "Presidential Election Cycles and the Turn‐of‐the‐Month Effect," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 85(4), pages 958-973, December.
- Ray Sturm, 2013. "Economic policy and the presidential election cycle in stock returns," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(2), pages 200-215, April.
- Martin T. Bohl & Jörg Döpke & Christian Pierdzioch, 2008. "Real‐Time Forecasting and Political Stock Market Anomalies: Evidence for the United States," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 323-335, August.
More about this item
KeywordsPresidential election cycle; financial statements;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:rpbfmp:v:19:y:2016:i:02:n:s0219091516500107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/rpbfmp/rpbfmp.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.