Arguments Used for Restricting International Real Property Transactions: Case Study of Latvia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lorenzo Cotula, 2013. "The New Enclosures? Polanyi, international investment law and the global land rush," Third World Quarterly, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9), pages 1605-1629, October.
- Marc Edelman & Carlos Oya & Saturnino M Borras, 2013. "Global Land Grabs: historical processes, theoretical and methodological implications and current trajectories," Third World Quarterly, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9), pages 1517-1531, October.
- Andrew E. Baum & Franz Fuerst & Stanimira Milcheva, 2013. "Cross-Border Capital Flows into Real Estate," ERES eres2013_50, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- German, Laura & Schoneveld, George & Mwangi, Esther, 2013. "Contemporary Processes of Large-Scale Land Acquisition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Legal Deficiency or Elite Capture of the Rule of Law?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-18.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nolte, Kerstin & Voget-Kleschin, Lieske, 2014. "Consultation in Large-Scale Land Acquisitions: An Evaluation of Three Cases in Mali," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 654-668.
- Dell’Angelo, Jampel & D’Odorico, Paolo & Rulli, Maria Cristina & Marchand, Philippe, 2017. "The Tragedy of the Grabbed Commons: Coercion and Dispossession in the Global Land Rush," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 1-12.
- Tola Gemechu Ango, 2018. "“Medium-Scale” Forestland Grabbing in the Southwestern Highlands of Ethiopia: Impacts on Local Livelihoods and Forest Conservation," Land, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Torsten Menge, 2019. "How Far Does the European Union Reach? Foreign Land Acquisitions and the Boundaries of Political Communities," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Bennett, Nathan James & Govan, Hugh & Satterfield, Terre, 2015. "Ocean grabbing," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 61-68.
- Ahmed, Abubakari & Kuusaana, Elias Danyi & Gasparatos, Alexandros, 2018. "The role of chiefs in large-scale land acquisitions for jatropha production in Ghana: insights from agrarian political economy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 570-582.
- Sergii Borodin, 2021. "Responsible Land-Based Investment in Ukraine: International Regulatory Practice," Oblik i finansi, Institute of Accounting and Finance, issue 4, pages 62-70, December.
- Susanne Väth & Michael Kirk, 2014. "Do property rights and contract farming matter for rural development? Evidence from a large-scale investment in Ghana," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201416, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Baumgartner, Philipp & von Braun, Joachim & Abebaw, Degnet & Müller, Marc, 2015. "Impacts of Large-scale Land Investments on Income, Prices, and Employment: Empirical Analyses in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 175-190.
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Jayne, T.S. & Burke, William J. & Muyanga, Milu, 2017.
"Food System Transformation and Market Evolutions: An Analysis of the Rise of Large-Scale Grain Trading in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Food Security International Development Working Papers
263195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Burke, William J. & Jayne, T.S., 2017. "Food System Transformation And Market Evolutions: An Analysis Of The Rise Of Large-Scale Grain Trading In Sub-Saharan Africa," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 259554, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Rulli, Maria Cristina & Casirati, Stefano & Dell’Angelo, Jampel & Davis, Kyle Frankel & Passera, Corrado & D’Odorico, Paolo, 2019. "Interdependencies and telecoupling of oil palm expansion at the expense of Indonesian rainforest," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 499-512.
- Marcello De Maria, 2019. "Understanding Land in the Context of Large-Scale Land Acquisitions: A Brief History of Land in Economics," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Meilin Ma & Jessie Lin & Richard J. Sexton, 2022. "The Transition from Small to Large Farms in Developing Economies: A Welfare Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 104(1), pages 111-133, January.
- Herrmann, Raoul T., 2017. "Large-Scale Agricultural Investments and Smallholder Welfare: A Comparison of Wage Labor and Outgrower Channels in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 294-310.
- Gasparatos, A. & von Maltitz, G.P. & Johnson, F.X. & Lee, L. & Mathai, M. & Puppim de Oliveira, J.A. & Willis, K.J., 2015. "Biofuels in sub-Sahara Africa: Drivers, impacts and priority policy areas," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 879-901.
- Dereje Teklemariam & Hossein Azadi & Jan Nyssen & Mitiku Haile & Frank Witlox, 2016. "How Sustainable Is Transnational Farmland Acquisition in Ethiopia? Lessons Learned from the Benishangul-Gumuz Region," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(3), pages 1-27, February.
- Bin Yang & Jun He, 2021. "Global Land Grabbing: A Critical Review of Case Studies across the World," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Femke van Noorloos & Christien Klaufus & Griet Steel, 2019. "Land in urban debates: Unpacking the grabâ€“development dichotomy," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 56(5), pages 855-867, April.
- Ole Busck & Johannes Dragsbaek Schmidt, 2020. "Development, Ecology and Climate Change: Resistance by the Peasantry," Journal of Development Policy and Practice, , vol. 5(1), pages 9-31, January.
- Susanne Väth & Simone Gobien, 2014. "Life Satisfaction, Contract Farming and Property Rights: Evidence from Ghana," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201415, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
KeywordsInternational real property transactions; foreign real property ownership; real property ownership restrictions; temporary residence permit;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vrs:bjrecm:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:62-75:n:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.