Measuring the Average Marginal Tax Rate from the Individual Income Tax
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Barro, Robert J. & Sahasakul, Chaipat, 1983. "Measuring the Average Marginal Tax Rate from the Individual Income Tax," Scholarly Articles 3451293, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro & Chaipat Sahasakul, 1983. "Measuring the Average Marginal Tax Rate from the Individual Income Tax," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 26, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Robert J. Barro & Chaipat Sahasakul, 1983. "Measuring the Average Marginal Tax Rate from the Individual Income Tax," NBER Working Papers 1060, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aris Protopapadakis, "undated". "Some Indirect Evidence on Effective Capital Gains Tax Rates," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 19-82, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Miller, Merton H. & Scholes, Myron S., 1978. "Dividends and taxes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 333-364, December.
- Joines, Douglas H, 1981. "Estimates of Effective Marginal Tax Rates on Factor Incomes," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 191-226, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Huang-Meier, Winifred & Freeman, Mark C., 2015. "Aggregate dividends and consumption smoothing," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 324-335.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Carina Selander & Magnus Wikstrom, 2009.
"Taxation, Dividend Payments and Ex-Day Price-Changes,"
Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 13(1-2), pages 135-154, March-Jun.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Selander, Carina & Wikström, Magnus, 2006. "Taxation, Dividend Payments and Ex-Day Price Changes," Umeå Economic Studies 684, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Thomas McCluskey & Aoife Broderick & Amanda Boyle & Bruce Burton & David Power, 2010. "Evidence on Irish financial analysts' and fund managers' views about dividends," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 80-99, June.
- Robert E.G. Nigol, 1992. "The Dividend Puzzle: An Australian Solution?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 1(4), pages 42-55, November.
- Clemens Sialm, 2009. "Tax Changes and Asset Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1356-1383, September.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1984.
"New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1397-1415, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence A. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," Working papers 338, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," NBER Working Papers 1288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yair E. Orgler & Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1981. "Implications of Corporate Capital Structure Theory for Banking Institutions," NBER Working Papers 0737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Heathcote, 2003. "On the Distributional Effects of Reducing Capital Taxes (previously: Factor Taxation with Heterogeneous Agents)," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-22, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Lawrence Lindsey, 1987. "Rates, Realizations, and Revenues of Capital Gains," NBER Chapters, in: Taxes and Capital Formation, pages 17-26, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hail, Luzi & Sikes, Stephanie & Wang, Clare, 2017. "Cross-country evidence on the relation between capital gains taxes, risk, and expected returns," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 56-73.
- Baker, H. Kent & De Ridder, Adri & Råsbrant, Jonas, 2020. "Investors and dividend yields," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 386-395.
- John A. Tatom, 1984. "The 1981 personal income tax cuts: a retrospective look at their effects on the federal tax burden," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 66(Dec), pages 5-17.
- Ellen R. McGrattan & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1993. "Household production and taxation in the stochastic growth model," Staff Report 166, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Rodrigo Suescún M., 1995.
"Growth, Welfare Costs and Aggregate Fluctuations in Economies with Monetary Taxation,"
Borradores de Economia
036, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Rodrigo Suescún, 1995. "Growth, Welfare Costs And Aggregate Fluctuations In Economies With Monetary Taxation," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002775, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Rodrigo Suescún, 1995. "Growth Welfare Costs And Aggregate Fluctuations In Economies With Monetary Taxation," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002774, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Steve Bond & Lucy Chennells & Michael Devereux, 1995. "Company dividends and taxes in the UK," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(3), pages 1-18, August.
- Roberto Ellery Jr. & Victor Gomes, 2014. "Fiscal Policy, Supply Shocks and Economic Expansion in Brazil from 2003 to 2007," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 11(3), pages 53-75, June.
- Aaro Hazak, 2006. "Dividend Decision under Distributed Profit Taxation: InvestorÃs Perspective," Working Papers 145, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D., 1992.
"Tax distortions in a neoclassical monetary economy,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 290-316, December.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1991. "Tax Distortions in a Neoclassical Monetary Economy," RCER Working Papers 265, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Thomas F. Cooley & Gary D. Hansen, 1991. "Tax distortions in a neoclassical monetary economy," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 38, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1991. "The Distortions in a Neoclassical Monetary Economy," Papers 91-01, Rochester, Business - General.
- Jakub Kwiatkowski, 2017. "R&D activity and dividend policy of companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1702, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:56:y:1983:i:4:p:419-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.jstor.org/journal/jbusiness .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.jstor.org/journal/jbusiness .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.