Reputational Penalties and the Merits of Class-Action Securities Litigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen P. Ferris & Murali Jagannathan & A. C. Pritchard, 2003. "Too Busy to Mind the Business? Monitoring by Directors with Multiple Board Appointments," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1087-1112, June.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1990. "Bankruptcy, boards, banks, and blockholders : Evidence on changes in corporate ownership and control when firms default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 355-387, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei Shi & Brian L. Connelly & Wm. Gerard Sanders, 2016. "Buying bad behavior: Tournament incentives and securities class action lawsuits," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7), pages 1354-1378, July.
- Mark Egan & Gregor Matvos & Amit Seru, 2016.
"The Market for Financial Adviser Misconduct,"
NBER Working Papers
22050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregor Matvos & Amit Seru & Mark Egan, 2016. "The Market for Financial Adviser Misconduct," 2016 Meeting Papers 516, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mark Egan & Gregor Matvos & Amit Seru, 2016. "The Market for Financial Adviser Misconduct," Economics Working Papers 16115, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:23:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9435-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Beneish, Messod D. & Marshall, Cassandra D. & Yang, Jun, 2017. "Explaining CEO retention in misreporting firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 512-535.
- Thomas Ulen, 2011. "An introduction to the law and economics of class action litigation," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 185-203, October.
- Crutchley, Claire E. & Minnick, Kristina & Schorno, Patrick J., 2015. "When governance fails: Naming directors in class action lawsuits," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 81-96.
- Billings, Mary Brooke & Cedergren, Matthew C., 2015. "Strategic silence, insider selling and litigation risk," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 119-142.
- Blau, Benjamin M. & Tew, Philip L., 2014. "Short sales and class-action lawsuits," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 79-100.
- Fich, Eliezer M. & Shivdasani, Anil, 2007. "Financial fraud, director reputation, and shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 306-336, November.
- Michael Firth & Oliver M. Rui & Wenfeng Wu, 2011. "The Effects of Political Connections and State Ownership on Corporate Litigation in China," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 573-607.
- Claude-Denys Fluet & Murat C. Mungan, 2017. "The Signal-Tuning Function of Liability Regimes," Cahiers de recherche 1707, Centre de recherche sur les risques, les enjeux économiques, et les politiques publiques.
- Millicent Chang & Yilin Lim, 2016. "Late Disclosure of Insider Trades: Who Does It and Why?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 519-531, February.
- repec:wsi:qjfxxx:v:07:y:2017:i:01:n:s2010139216500142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ertimur, Yonca & Ferri, Fabrizio & Stubben, Stephen R., 2010. "Board of directors' responsiveness to shareholders: Evidence from shareholder proposals," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 53-72, February.
- Shivdasani, Anil & Song, Wei-Ling, 2011. "Breaking down the barriers: Competition, syndicate structure, and underwriting incentives," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 581-600, March.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark L., 2012. "Internal and external discipline following securities class actions," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 151-179.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Scott Lee, D. & Martin, Gerald S., 2008. "The consequences to managers for financial misrepresentation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 193-215, May.
- repec:eee:reacre:v:26:y:2014:i:2:p:145-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:12:y:2016:i:1:p:15-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baum, Christopher F. & Bohn, James G. & Chakraborty, Atreya, 2016. "Securities fraud and corporate board turnover: New evidence from lawsuit outcomes," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 14-25.
- Shivdasani, Anil & Song, Wei-Ling, 2010. "Breaking Down the Barriers: Competition, Syndicate Structure, and Underwriting Incentives," Working Papers 10-25, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:y:2006:v:49:i:2:p:365-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .