Explaining the Puzzle of Cross-State Differences in Bankruptcy Rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reint Gropp & John Karl Scholz & Michelle J. White, 1997. "Personal Bankruptcy and Credit Supply and Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 217-251.
- Hynes, Richard M & Malani, Anup & Posner, Eric A, 2004. "The Political Economy of Property Exemption Laws," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(1), pages 19-43, April.
- Buckley, F H & Brinig, Margaret F, 1998. "The Bankruptcy Puzzle," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 187-207, January.
- Ian Domowitz & Robert L. Sartain, 1999. "Determinants of the Consumer Bankruptcy Decision," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 403-420, February.
- Athreya, Kartik B., 2002. "Welfare implications of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1999," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(8), pages 1567-1595, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonah B. Gelbach, 2016. "When Do Covariates Matter? And Which Ones, and How Much?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 509-543.
- Aysun, Uluc, 2014. "Bankruptcy resolution capacity and economic fluctuations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 387-399.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit & Gordon, Grey, 2012.
"Dealing with consumer default: Bankruptcy vs garnishment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(S), pages 1-16.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Grey Gordon, 2011. "Dealing with consumer default: bankruptcy vs. garnishment," Working Papers 11-35, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Donald D. Hackney & Daniel Friesner & Matthew Q. McPherson, 2015. "Do Debtors Have an Obvious Financial Rationale for Filing a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Petition?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(3), pages 1572-1588.
- Mankart, Jochen, 2014.
"The (Un-) importance of Chapter 7 wealth exemption levels,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-16.
- Jochen, Mankart, 2012. "The (Un-) importance of Chapter 7 wealth exemption levels," Economics Working Paper Series 1211, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, revised Sep 2013.
- Mary Eschelbach Hansen, 2014. "Sources of Credit and the Extent of the Credit Market: A View from Bankruptcy Records, Mississippi 1929-1936," Working Papers 2014-09, American University, Department of Economics.
- Dawsey, Amanda E., 2015. "State bankruptcy laws and the responsiveness of credit card demand," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 54-76.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:1-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wall, Howard J., 2014.
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(07), pages 1488-1507, October.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Howard J. Wall, 2010. "Personal-bankruptcy cycles," Working Papers 2010-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wall, Howard J., 2010. "Personal-bankruptcy cycles," MPRA Paper 30759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wall, Howard J., 2010. "Personal-bankruptcy cycles," MPRA Paper 42740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olga Gorbachev & MarÃa JosÃ© Luengo-Prado, 2016.
"The Credit Card Debt Puzzle: The Role of Preferences, Credit Risk, and Financial Literacy,"
16-06, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Gorbachev, Olga & Luengo-Prado, Maria Jose, 2016. "The credit card debt puzzle: the role of preferences, credit risk, and financial literacy," Working Papers 16-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Uluc Aysun & Raman Khaddaria, 2012. "Bankruptcy resolution capacity and regional economic fluctuations," Working Papers 2012-01, University of Central Florida, Department of Economics.
- Chintal Desai & Gregory Elliehausen & Edward Lawrence, 2014. "On the County-Level Credit Outcome Beta," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 201-218, April.
- Hansen, Mary Eschelbach & Hansen, Bradley A., 2012. "Crisis and Bankruptcy: The Mediating Role of State Law, 1920–1932," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(02), pages 448-468, June.
- Duca, John V. & Kumar, Anil, 2014.
"Financial literacy and mortgage equity withdrawals,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 62-75.
- Duca, John V. & Kumar, Anil, 2011. "Financial literacy and mortgage equity withdrawals," Working Papers 1110, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Neil Bhutta & Jacob Goldin & Tatiana Homonoff, 2016. "Consumer Borrowing after Payday Loan Bans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 225-259.
- Chakrabarti, Rajashri & Pattison, Nathaniel, 2016. "Auto credit and the 2005 bankruptcy reform: the impact of eliminating cramdowns," Staff Reports 797, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Wilson Bart J & Findlay David W. & Meehan James W. & Wellford Charissa & Schurter Karl, 2010. "An Experimental Analysis of the Demand for Payday Loans," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Adkisson, Richard V. & Saucedo, Eduardo, 2012. "Emulation and state-by-state variations in bankruptcy rates," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 400-407.
- Lefgren Lars & McIntyre Frank L & Miller Michelle, 2010. "Chapter 7 or 13: Are Client or Lawyer Interests Paramount?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-46, September.
- Aysun, Uluc, 2015. "Duration of bankruptcy proceedings and monetary policy effectiveness," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 295-302.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:52:y:2009:i:2:p:367-393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .