Evaluation of performance and conditional information: the case of Spanish mutual funds
The performance of Spanish domestic equities improves considerably when diverse public information variables are taken into consideration. We have taken up to eight independent variables into consideration to evaluate the performance of a largely unexplored market over a broad horizon.
Volume (Year): 16 (2006)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAFE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Begona Basarrate & Gonzalo Rubio, 1999. "Nonsimultaneous prices and the evaluation of managed portfolios in Spain," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 273-281.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. "Performance Measurement without Benchmarks: An Examination of Mutual Fund Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 47-68, January.
- Matthew Spiegel & Harry Mamaysky & Hong Zhang, 2005.
"Estimating the Dynamics of Mutual Fund Alphas and Betas,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm353, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2005.
- Harry Mamaysky & Matthew Spiegel & Hong Zhang, 2008. "Estimating the Dynamics of Mutual Fund Alphas and Betas," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(1), pages 233-264, January.
- Wayne E. Ferson, 2003. "Tests of Multifactor Pricing Models, Volatility Bounds and Portfolio Performance," NBER Working Papers 9441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan, 1994. "A Study of Monthly Mutual Fund Returns and Performance Evaluation Techniques," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(03), pages 419-444, September.
- William N. Goetzmann & Stephen J. Brown, 2005.
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm451, Yale School of Management.
- George Matysiak & Gerald Brown, 1997. "A time-varying analysis of abnormal performance of UK property companies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 367-377.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Wang, Zhenyu, 1996.
" The Conditional CAPM and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 3-53, March.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Zhenyu Wang, 1996. "The conditional CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns," Staff Report 208, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Mark Grinblatt & Sheridan Titman, .
"Mutual Fund Performance: An Analysis of Quarterly Portfolio Holdings,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
23-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan D, 1989. "Mutual Fund Performance: An Analysis of Quarterly Portfolio Holdings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 393-416, July.
- Brown, Stephen J, et al, 1992. "Survivorship Bias in Performance Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 553-80.
- Breen, William & Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1989. " Economic Significance of Predictable Variations in Stock Index Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1177-89, December.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Korajczyk, Robert A, 1995. "Do Arbitrage Pricing Models Explain the Predictability of Stock Returns?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 309-49, July.
- Rogér Otten & Dennis Bams, 2004. "How to measure mutual fund performance: economic versus statistical relevance," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(2), pages 203-222.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:16:y:2006:i:11:p:803-817. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.